Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Guest MattP

lol, Gaelic is one of my favourite posters, as utterly mental as he is.

Me too, absolutely bonkers but brilliant, never know what he's going to say.

Within 14 days of the referendum he came out for remain twice and for leave three times.

Well I was told "**** off out of this country" and "why are you even here" in A private message on this forum yesterday ranting about Catholic Irish people , the mods took action which I'm grateful for.

in 25 years living in Leics that's the first time it's happened to me , even on FT this crap is happening

Give a mindless fool a dangerous weapon (nationalism) and they will 100% use it for destructive reasons.

There has been plenty of this sort of bollocks in the past.

Back in the 80s, my Dad (who has an obviously Irish surname) briefly got involved with the Labour Party - and a newsletter was circulated that had his name & address on it as a contact.

Someone wrote him an anonymous letter, ending "With a name like yours, shouldn't you be somewhere else?"  lol

You can laugh up to a certain point, but it's going to be no fun if some people now think they're entitled to insult or threaten strangers, never mind the real headcases like the bloke who killed Jo Cox MP.

Guest MattP

If this does result in a serious upsurge in racial/bigoted abuse violence, then it was coming out eventually whatever the result of the vote last week as it has to be simmering under the surface to do so, as I say, we need to clamp down on it with an iron fist, they certainly don't represent any campaign that supported British independence.

PMQ's in half an hour, absolutely unmissable this week.

Me too, absolutely bonkers but brilliant, never know what he's going to say.

Within 14 days of the referendum he came out for remain twice and for leave three times.

I'm Irish we have a national disorder of being unsure what side we are on lol LOL lol

If you get an Irish passport you know that entitles you to a Night out in Lisdoonvarna with a young woman

Go there and tell Mr White in the Hotel I sent you "with a new passport"

lol LOL

Can someone do a poll for who they think the abusive culprit is?

Add my wife to the list lol

On a scale of 1-10 how much of a hypocrite would I be to exercise my right to an Irish passport/citizenship in case Brexit goes tits up? :ph34r::whistle:

Maybe your more Irish than you think !!!

Hypocrisy is a national pastime at home in the Emerald Isle

Free movement in EU , free health care when you retire to Spain , free pints on Paddy's day from me

Do it

lol LOL lol

And the anecdotes about people getting abused in the street are reality too. That's my point.

There is much more than just one side to all this.

the idea  that hate abuse was invented on friday morning is ridiculous... leave did not stir it up it has always been there .. my point is.. it appears there is justified hate and none justified hate ....liberals appear to acknowledge one but not the other...but then again hypocrisy is a Liberal strong suite ..

@@Mark dealt with it and I think the matter is best left there , this city is the best city in Britain and no small amount of bigoted idiots will change that

Up the City ! And Up FT

No offence, but I think we have a need to know, if not a right to know.

An unsubstantiated accusation makes eveyone a suspect.

Guest MattP

If you get an Irish passport you know that entitles you to a Night out in Lisdoonvarna with a young woman

Go there and tell Mr White in the Hotel I sent you "with a new passport"

I'll be in touch! lol

No offence, but I think we have a need to know, if not a right to know.

An unsubstantiated accusation makes eveyone a suspect.

Buce it's not you

And it's not unsubstantiated , luckily we have the ability to invite mods into private conversations :)

All good time to move on

;)

Buce it's not you

And it's not unsubstantiated , luckily we have the ability to invite mods into private conversations :)

All good time to move on

;)

I know it's not me, and by 'unsubstantiated' I wasn't in any way doubting your word. But I, and undoubtedly others, have more than one poster in mind, and it's unfair that a cloud of suspicion hangs over the innocent.

The cvnt needs to be outed.

I know it's not me, and by 'unsubstantiated' I wasn't in any way doubting your word. But I, and undoubtedly others, have more than one poster in mind, and it's unfair that a cloud of suspicion hangs over the innocent.

The cvnt needs to be outed.

I won't give him a platform to gather his buddies together

Best to ignore idiots and deny them the platform they want

He probably wants me to out him , I'm guess he would love the platform to spew his bile and bigotry , and would be another notch on his flag

But honestly Buce I want to drop it now , let's move on , morons live everywhere and pop up everyday.

Guest MattP

I really do wish these people would actually fcuk off. Paul O'Grady said he was leaving if we had a Tory government in 2015 before saying he couldn't as Villa prices in Italy were too high, Ken Livingstone said he would head straight for the continent if the British people voted for Brexit.

In the words of Jean-Claude Juncker - why are you still here?!

So what sort of deal do people think we will have when the dust settles?

Norway Model - single market access. EEA member. Free movement.

Switzeland Model -  Non EEA member, Acees to EU market through agreements, EU regulations on trade, Free movement, No duty to implement EU law.

Turkey Model - No tariff or quotas on industrial goods, EU tariff on non EU goods. (Customs union).

Canada Option - Most good tariff free, Possible Ceta Agreement - access to single market.

Singapore/Hong Kong approach - Unilateral free trade approach no tariffs

Or something different altogether.

So what sort of deal do people think we will have when the dust settles?

Norway Model - single market access. EEA member. Free movement.

Switzeland Model -  Non EEA member, Acees to EU market through agreements, EU regulations on trade, Free movement, No duty to implement EU law.

Turkey Model - No tariff or quotas on industrial goods, EU tariff on non EU goods. (Customs union).

Canada Option - Most good tariff free, Possible Ceta Agreement - access to single market.

Singapore/Hong Kong approach - Unilateral free trade approach no tariffs

Or something different altogether.

We can't accept free movement the same as before. There will have to be some sort of restriction even if it's not exactly what we want.The most important thing is a deal for the City of London.

Archived