Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

We can't accept free movement the same as before. There will have to be some sort of restriction even if it's not exactly what we want.The most important thing is a deal for the City of London.

So no access to the single market then?   Blimey it could get rough.

Could you give us a clue?

I was wrong, but it's still not my place to share.

Anyway the idiots been dealt with and Gaelicfox can continue to entertain us with his erratic posting without fear of receiving disgusting comments.

I was wrong, but it's still not my place to share.

Anyway the idiots been dealt with and Gaelicfox can continue to entertain us with his erratic posting without fear of receiving disgusting comments.

Erratic

How bloody dare you !

Bonkers dear chap , they are bonkers postings

lol LOL lol

Hope you are ok @@GaelicFox

No place for scummy comments like you received, especially to a clearly decent fella like yourself.

Also Ftse 100 hey gents?!?!? It's not all doom and gloom.

Our credit rating has been downgraded, something that didn't even happen in the 2008 crash. FTSE 100 may have bounced back a bit but pretending the economy hasn't started to drift toiletward is disingenuous.

I'm totally fine

If we had a PM that worked and an opposition we could count on then we would be very smug right now

The markets are settling and the currency holding

Interesting times ahead

When do the borders get closed ?

A few more days like this one and I wonder if Cameron will back track for throwing the towel in! He was loving life opposite Corbyn today

Our credit rating has been downgraded, something that didn't even happen in the 2008 crash. FTSE 100 may have bounced back a bit but pretending the economy hasn't started to drift toiletward is disingenuous.

Watch the Big Short buddy

Credit rating agencies are part of the problem not a part of the solution !

The guy behind is the Lithuanian heart surgeon isn't it? The guy who had been through more in his life by his first birthday than Farage has to this day, who looks at Farage like he's a pathetic clown.

The Irony is Farage lives a fag away from a heart attack !

Because of that (the real life situation not the film), do people even take credit rating agencies seriously anymore?

Well given the credit rating of a nation affects investment and the rates at which a country can borrow, yes?

Or I don't know many fools, perhaps? I'm surrounded by some of the most educated people in the UK at work and not one of them sees it as a good thing.

I wasn't specifically basing my experience on what people on here have said. I imagine that football supporters, on the whole, lean mostly to the right and would hardly be a true reflection of the entire population. There may well be reasons why they voted leave, I'm talking about actual personal benefits where evidence is available rather that just the promises made by those campaigning. As with all politics, one side's arguments will always be rebuffed by the other side. We know what we're currently getting with the current EU, we have no evidence that anything suggested from the leave campaign could actually come to fruition. This whole campaign became a war between the heads of each side rather than a realistic demonstration of the pros and cons of staying and leaving and this is what clouded the judgement of many. Leave promised so much but have no plan in place to deliver and Remain, rather than focusing on the positive aspects of EU membership spent most of the campaign being negative towards those promises.

So many people who voted remain are so focused on the fact that they won, they're completely uninterested in any arguments attempting to highlight that it could have been a mistake. To have your choice criticised, regardless of the topic that's being debated, is taken as a personal attack and the defence instantly comes up. 

I am under no illusion that the way the EU is currently run doesn't need changing, but I'd imagine that regardless of any changes that happen those that voted leave would still want to leave. Like I said in my previous post, this is because for many, it's emotional rather than informed.

Edit: Oh and Webbo, if you think I'm going to trawl through all 2200 posts looking for personal benefits of leaving amongst the absolute garbage, you're mistaken  :revenge:

not sure they lean to the right....dress to the right,  yes.....l learned this by staring while they open their fly's in the urinal.....no i'm not gay... its just an interesting hobby....like train spotting..

Not too much reference to the markets today. The FTSE seems to have recovered all its losses and those who've traded gold would have banked at least 20% profit in a very short time and some a lot more.

Big players could build a hospital with that kind of return and there'd be plenty of them. The "buy" advice was out there long enough.   

Archived