Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

"They do not listen, they do not know how .... perhaps they'll listen now!"

Except it's too late. The drive for a genuinely friendly trading club will grow apace and successive nations will lift themselves out of the guagmire of the EU and start rebuilding their future as something to be proud of.

Not a stick that arseholes like Juncker can beat people with.     

Sorry Thrac, you deride the BBC as biased and then use The Express as a source?

Seriously?

This is essentially a factual news story. Source it from where you like. Or has the BBC got no reference to it? I really don't know. Have you looked up "BBC bias continues" yet?    

really? I thought according to remain campaigners it was solely based on "£350 million why don't we fund the nhs"

Fair point that was another big lie. Maybe it was around 60% lies about immigration, 35% lies about funding then. The point is that claiming immigration wasn't a huge factor among leave voters is just absolutely ludicrous.

Yes that says that far-right german racists, should they gain power would give German people a referendum.....

And in other news, Woods Bear ? Shit In

Who was it said it would be year 3000 before Turkey joined the EU? 

Are the negotiators off on an 80-year holiday or something?

I'll quote the BBC on this, why not! :D  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36672242

It doesn't matter who's rocking the ship....everyone said "Leave" wouldn't happen either.

Doesn't it get through to you that people are seriously pissed off?

And that while you might prefer to think it's a right wing movement, I don't think that's the case at all for the great majority.

Rather more the right wingers are taking advantage where they can and, in some cases, offering a haven for the discontented because those who should have been listening never did but simply ignored the concerns and took their support for granted.    .   

Really? This is a guy who won London twice as a Tory, left leaning Labour voter London. He has widespread appeal like no politician I've seen since Blair.

If Necastle really is close remain this vote is back on.....

Stop lol

There are no scenarios that ever see that fool elected PM

None what so ever

Really? This is a guy who won London twice as a Tory, left leaning Labour voter London. He has widespread appeal like no politician I've seen since Blair.

If Necastle really is close remain this vote is back on.....

Think I was pretty spot on about that @@MattP

He walked today because he had no support , totally unelectable as PM even amongst his own type

It doesn't matter who's rocking the ship....everyone said "Leave" wouldn't happen either.

Doesn't it get through to you that people are seriously pissed off?

And that while you might prefer to think it's a right wing movement, I don't think that's the case at all for the great majority.

Rather more the right wingers are taking advantage where they can and, in some cases, offering a haven for the discontented because those who should have been listening never did but simply ignored the concerns and took their support for granted.    .   

I'm only commenting on the crap source you provided to jump to your conclusive point.

Nice article and raises some good points. But misses some others, I feel. "It’s very hard to fight NHS privatisation at home if the EU is constantly pushing for privatisation". Any evidence that the EU is 'pushing' us to privatise the NHS against the will of the British people? "For the people I’m talking about, immigration was an immediate and important problem affecting jobs, housing and facilities", and yet, and yet, this has never truly been backed up by evidence. Outside of London, 3% of the population are EU migrants. Many of the leave areas had experienced very little immigration.

Anyway, I was hoping after the ref. we'd get the old on-your-bike Tory MattP back, whose posts I liked much more than all this man-of-the-people guff. (smiley winky thing).

I just can't believe that figure. 3% of the population are EU migrants. I stopped believing in politicians and statistics because of spin and lies and I'm sure that's a whopper of a manipulated statistic.

Which is the 16th Chapter out of 35 - which are chapters of discussion - the conditions and content of many of those chapter requirements they'll never meet.

So why the great urgency to tick off all the chapters they can, all of a sudden?  Believe what you wish but no-one's kidding me on the subject.  

So why the great urgency to tick off all the chapters they can, all of a sudden?  Believe what you wish but no-one's kidding me on the subject.  

There's no urgency, it's the next one on the schedule as agreed months ago.

They might well be suggesting it as a means of arguing we could yet remain in the EU and still imagine we're getting our own way - the "remaining" being the BBC's clear preference.

Here's another story I've read today from the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-uk-leaves-the-eu-36671629.

They never let up in big ways and extremely subtle ways they constantly emphasise their point of view over that of others.

Before and and since the referendum they've constantly pushed stories and opinions that paint "Remain" in a positive light and "Leave" as being negative when the reality is just as arguably the opposite.

I agree the situation is unclear and like you am prepared to admit it and say so.

But the BBC never stop promoting their agenda and I fail to see how anyone could consider them independent or constructive honest brokers when they are so clearly sponsored by the EU in all sorts of directions which might be called questionable by some.

I know the forecasts you mentioned weren't compiled by the BBC and entirely respect your referring to them, as I 100% respect all your comments.

The point I was making was that the BBC forever looks for and refers to pessimistic forecasts when both you and I recognise that many if not most forecasts are wrong, all need properly examining and it's important to balance the given impression when there are other, perhaps equally credible arguments when you are supposed to be presenting the facts of an argument as best you can.

I've not done it before but just key in "BBC bias continues" and see the number of references there are.

This is just one small, random example of many: https://euobserver.com/news/2195

Criticise the BBC for not being neutral and cite Daily Express articles as a tool for backing up opinion.

Hmmmmm

Guest MattP

Think I was pretty spot on about that @@MattP

He walked today because he had no support , totally unelectable as PM even amongst his own type

Fair play, if you can't garner the support from your own MP's you can't be an effective leader.

Someone else in politics should take note of that!

Fair play, if you can't garner the support from your own MP's you can't be an effective leader.

Someone else in politics should take note of that!

Will he walk Matt

I heard today corbyn wants to see what chilcott says next wed and then go after Blair ??

This is game of thrones on another level

the BBC as a whole has been very bias over the referendum campaign ..the subtle slanting of stories for remain has been totally out of order..

It's very easy to acuse the BBC of bias, but I often find the accusations are planted by those with an existing bias themselves to a political view as a wedge to support an argument. It's also been such a long standing accusation, that has been made across governments of different types, that I wonder if those claiming it have ever gone back to check if their original position remains the case.

Personally I believe to accuse bias you first need to take a step back, understand the difficulty you have of appearing bias free when those you are reporting on are looking to use their bias to effect minds and consider the output of other mainstream news organisations such as newspapers (which do have known bias) and corporate news stations and then watch enough of the BBC's output across a variety of platforms to come to an overall conclusion - and once you have done that, I think you'd be hard pushed to maintain the bias accusation with actual repeated examples and reasoning.

What the BBC has been very good at of late is asking the questions that need to be asked of politicians and giving the public a voice in a variety of formats. I watched most of the month long Newsnight programmes on the EU referendum with a small panel of undecided voters on a large variety of subjects with various people representing both sides, both official parts and borrowed 'experts'. They looked at the issues forensically and put forward difficult questions to both sides.

Now you could claim that Leave got a lot more and a much harder set of questions from the BBC in the big set pieces - however, bias can't be determined on that alone - wouldn't you expect more questions to be asked of a complete unknown situation? If they hadn't been asking these questions, they wouldn't be doing their job, not showing bias isn't about being fair to both sides, it's actually about being unfair to both if you get what I mean.

Personally I would maintain, the BBC gave people on the Remain side a tough time too, case in point the pilaring Osbrone's punishment budget annocument got (and rightly so).

The other often used accusation is towards Laura K and her Tory bias.

Now I can accept that to some degree, but then again, she's the lead politics reporter and so it makes sense she plants herself as close to the government as possible to get those key bits of information first. She's there as a go between to attract government sources to put out their message across to the BBC - which then allows other people within the organisation that do the forensic questioning, such as the excellent Neil, Coburn and Davies. Without that sort of relationship across the journalist piece, I doubt whether we'd get half of the leaks we do get.

Peter Mandelson back again ?

Interesting you say that - I'm sure I saw a small rummor somewhere that he would be vying for the Labour Party leadership? Considering who we are possibly looking at on the Conservative's side, that would certainly make the politics of the next few years interesting to say the least!

I think the BBC have been a lot better in the last couple of years. They still have a slight metropolitan, soft left bias but I don't think it's a deliberate plan, I just think it's how the media class in this country are.

Archived