Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

Isn't excessive trolliing a banning offence any longer?

I, for one, am sick of this crap.

Has he ever been banned? I think he must be related to someone up high.

• photo-thumb-1728.jpg?_r=1464594563
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 9,178 posts

Posted Today, 09:22 AM

I put forward my vote of no confidence in Johnny the Fox. 

TBF.. If you had any confidence in my balanced, informative, reasoned, logical posts..i would be worried... lol Thought I would share my good news as well........my share portfolio has risen so much I am £3000 richer today....happy days..  lol

Guest MattP

Which one?

Obviously the one that has gone, it was a picture showing a black leave voter being racially abused by a remain supporter.

What? How were the Muslim grooming gangs described?

"Asian" and "Muslim".

They don't use words like 'muslim' or british pakistani's or british muslims, because of this sensitive nature towards them.  Instead they use words like Asian, which means foooooook all, Asia is a continent.  Yet a guy with a turban is always referenced as a Sikh????  Call a spade a spade fookers!!

Possibly due to the uncensored racial epithets, Matt.

For what it's worth I don't agree with it being removed, but does FT have a policy on such things?

On the post itself, once again I shake my head at the amount of hotheads this vote has roused on all sides.

They don't use words like 'muslim' or british pakistani's or british muslims, because of this sensitive nature towards them.  Instead they use words like Asian, which means foooooook all, Asia is a continent.  Yet a guy with a turban is always referenced as a Sikh????  Call a spade a spade fookers!!

Not sure if you can call a spade a spade anymore Doc ...     :)

Obviously the one that has gone, it was a picture showing a black leave voter being racially abused by a remain supporter.

Ah yeah, saw that. 

Was quite vile and pretty irrelevant to the thread but not the worst I've seen here.

Guest MattP

Ah yeah, saw that. 

Was quite vile and pretty irrelevant to the thread but not the worst I've seen here.

It was very relevant.

People are talking about a rise in hate crime and trying to connect it to the Brexit campaign, this shows some of those hate crimes are actually being committed by the opposite side.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/29/frenzy-hatred-brexit-racism-abuse-referendum-celebratory-lasting-damage

There's some shocking stuff in this article (put in some context below). Before I get jumped on, I'd agree with Matt's point that there is clearly some hatred being expressed by lefty Remain supporters, too, though I doubt that much of it is on the scale described in this article.

"Campaigners and victims are reporting a rise in racist abuse since the referendum. Has it always been there under the surface – and will this ‘celebratory racism’ cause lasting damage?"

Why this sudden explosion? Paul Bagguley, a sociologist based at the University of Leeds, points to the gleeful tone of the racism: “There is a kind of celebration going on; it’s a celebratory racism.” With immigration cited in polls as the second most common reason in voting for Brexit, “people are expressing a sense of power and success, that they have won,” he says. “People haven’t changed. I would argue the country splits into two-thirds to three-quarters of people being tolerant and a quarter to a third being intolerant. And a section of that third have become emboldened. At other times, people are polite and rub along.” Bagguley stresses that it wasn’t racist to vote leave, and that many people were voting about “political control”, yet the Brexit campaign’s relentless rhetoric about “controlling our borders” has led people who might previously have kept their intolerant views to themselves to feel legitimised.

It was very relevant.

People are talking about a rise in hate crime and trying to connect it to the Brexit campaign, this shows some of those hate crimes are actually being committed by the opposite side.

Whichever side it is by it is still connected to the Brexit campaign. Open your eyes (total recall voice)

Guest MattP

Do any of the people who voted remain purely on the basis of stopping the certain "Johnson and Gove" Tory government that would follow a leave vote now regret doing so given neither of them are probably going to be anywhere near the top job.

The whole thing looks more of a shambles by the day, the lies from both sides in the campaign were absolutely horrific looking back, virtually nothing they told us was going to happen did.

Do any of the people who voted remain purely on the basis of stopping the certain "Johnson and Gove" Tory government that would follow a leave vote now regret doing so given neither of them are probably going to be anywhere near the top job.

The whole thing looks more of a shambles by the day, the lies from both sides in the campaign were absolutely horrific looking back, virtually nothing they told us was going to happen did.

This.

I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing, and Cameron had to give the go-ahead to stop UKIP gobbling up his majority last year, but given all that's happened since the vote itself...was it really the best idea to have it in the first place? Or at least implement some kind of changes - I've no idea what - to the process in anticipation of this shitstorm occurring?

I can't believe that there were many who voted remain for that reason.

The voice of Liberalism and free speech...we don't like what he says so lets get him banned...ha ha ..

I see people getting banned for far less. You are a WUM at best and a nasty personal attacker at worst. Still that's OT so I'll say no more.

Guest MattP

I can't believe that there were many who voted remain for that reason.

I saw many people on here, Facebook etc all say they vote be tempted to vote to leave but weren't going to because they would be at the mercy of a Tory government led by Boris and Gove.

Archived