Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

I saw many people on here, Facebook etc all say they vote be tempted to vote to leave but weren't going to because they would be at the mercy of a Tory government led by Boris and Gove.

Yeah I seen a few people write similar, I'm not sure they will regret it but maybe would back a more left focuses exit bid :dunno:

I see people getting banned for far less. You are a WUM at best and a nasty personal attacker at worst. Still that's OT so I'll say no more.

show me one personal attack i have made anywhere on here...? .i leave it to you and you're little playmates to dish out the personal stuff... contact foxtalk and get me banned ..I know for some people  the truth winds them up because  they don't want to hear it.. :thumbup:

I see people getting banned for far less. You are a WUM at best and a nasty personal attacker at worst. Still that's OT so I'll say no more.

This.

He's easily the most irritating and unpleasant poster on here. He appears to have some kind of keyboard Tourettes Syndrome.

show me one personal attack i have made anywhere on here...? .i leave it to you and you're little playmates to dish out the personal stuff... contact foxtalk and get me banned ..I know for some people  the truth winds them up because  they don't want to hear it.. :thumbup:

The truth? Outside of seriously hardcore sciences, there is no such thing. Politics (like any other social science) is entirely subjective.

What people purport to be the truth, including everything you, I or anyone else says on this matter is merely a subjective opinion - there is no such thing as objective truth, not on this topic.

All that being said, free exchange of opinion is the cornerstone of any good society.

The truth? Outside of seriously hardcore sciences, there is no such thing. Politics (like any other social science) is entirely subjective.

What people purport to be the truth, including everything you, I or anyone else says on this matter is merely a subjective opinion - there is no such thing as objective truth, not on this topic.

All that being said, free exchange of opinion is the cornerstone of any good society.

Ain't that the truth :whistle:

JTF was all over the shop the other night but I got 24hrs for disagreeing with one of the Mods

JTF is a liability and not a single sanction

Is it cos I is a mick ? lol

I will also add I find JTF funny and rather entertaining

But I used to say that about Jimmy Saville

I was going to post here , but I thought why should I ? Apparently nothing is real everything is subjective and the truth really isn't out there .

Trains are real (stand in front of one and you will soon find out)

Nothing subjective about death !

And the truth is we need air to survive

I was going to post here , but I thought why should I ? Apparently nothing is real everything is subjective and the truth really isn't out there .

Existential angst!

Sorry, but I've seen enough Internet talking heads claiming to speak 'the truth' when all they're offering is their own opinion/version of it to last me a lifetime. As I said, unless you're dealing with verifiable hard scientific fact, then it's always more complicated than that and it shows a lack of scope.

Existential angst!

Sorry, but I've seen enough Internet talking heads claiming to speak 'the truth' when all they're offering is their own opinion/version of it to last me a lifetime. As I said, unless you're dealing with verifiable hard scientific fact, then it's always more complicated than that and it shows a lack of scope.

The truth is Jeffrey Schlupp is bad at football

Existential angst!

Erm I was being sarcastic .  Well at least I thought I was . But the only person who knows that is me and my own reality.

Do any of the people who voted remain purely on the basis of stopping the certain "Johnson and Gove" Tory government that would follow a leave vote now regret doing so given neither of them are probably going to be anywhere near the top job.

The whole thing looks more of a shambles by the day, the lies from both sides in the campaign were absolutely horrific looking back, virtually nothing they told us was going to happen did.

1) Voted remain just on a few factors like market uncertainties, energy price rises, EU employment law staying, the belief that immigration was a positive overall but that was just my opinion. Ive accepted many disagree.

2) What i cant accept is people literally voted for nothing. Like running full steam into a brick wall and when they got there, they realised they were going to have to stop and actually get through, over, or around the wall.

I cant understand why there were no PLANS that people on the leave side could have outlined for life outside the EU. How the trade deals would be done, where the money would go, etc.

If in the very beginning, people knew they MIGHT be voting on a comprimise deal with the EU that still allowed free movement of labour in exchange for access to single market, they wouldnt have voted for it probably.

Im not going to pretend there arent people on here that know a hell of a lot more about politics than me. They do. MattP, you clearly do.

But people voted for something radical, and it seems highly unlikely that will be possible.

Guest MattP

Cheers Donut enjoyed that post. The freedom of movement thing is huge and I think a lot of voters will feel short changed if it's a continuation.

With regards to the Tory leadership election it looks like article 50 is now certain to be invoked, no candidate is standing on not doing so and the three front runners are all quite vocal about the necessity for it.

Also, I don't now see a general election happening, after the fuss has died down it doesn't seem necessary, even though I personally believe a change of Prime minister should trigger one.

Surprised nobody is discussing Osborne's abandonment of his surplus target. That's basically an abandonment of what got the tories elected. It's not an emergency budget but it's a significant move none the less. Not sure where it leaves us long term, giving up on the idea that we can turn a deficit into a surplus in a ten year period doesn't sound great to me.

Guest Kopfkino

Surprised nobody is discussing Osborne's abandonment of his surplus target. That's basically an abandonment of what got the tories elected. It's not an emergency budget but it's a significant move none the less. Not sure where it leaves us long term, giving up on the idea that we can turn a deficit into a surplus in a ten year period doesn't sound great to me.

The referendum result gives him a 'reason' to go against their election pledge. Also known as fluking his way out of an unachievable target

1) Voted remain just on a few factors like market uncertainties, energy price rises, EU employment law staying, the belief that immigration was a positive overall but that was just my opinion. Ive accepted many disagree.

2) What i cant accept is people literally voted for nothing. Like running full steam into a brick wall and when they got there, they realised they were going to have to stop and actually get through, over, or around the wall.

I cant understand why there were no PLANS that people on the leave side could have outlined for life outside the EU. How the trade deals would be done, where the money would go, etc.

If in the very beginning, people knew they MIGHT be voting on a comprimise deal with the EU that still allowed free movement of labour in exchange for access to single market, they wouldnt have voted for it probably.

Im not going to pretend there arent people on here that know a hell of a lot more about politics than me. They do. MattP, you clearly do.

But people voted for something radical, and it seems highly unlikely that will be possible.

Bit of a sweeping statement, how has anyone voted for nothing. It is a fact we now need a strong leader to carry out negotiations with the EU that's why I believe we need Leadsom or Fox to take us forward. There is plenty of negotiating on the table, forget the sabre rattling from Junker et al, they need us as much as we need them.

How about waiting a while and if in 10 years time we are up the creek without a paddle then you can come back on here and say I told you so, in the mean time everyone should stop being so reactionary, wait and see people you never know things might just get better.

Cheers Donut enjoyed that post. The freedom of movement thing is huge and I think a lot of voters will feel short changed if it's a continuation.

With regards to the Tory leadership election it looks like article 50 is now certain to be invoked, no candidate is standing on not doing so and the three front runners are all quite vocal about the necessity for it.

Also, I don't now see a general election happening, after the fuss has died down it doesn't seem necessary, even though I personally believe a change of Prime minister should trigger one.

I could accept a compromise on freedom of movement as I don't think it will be a thing soon anyway, the important thing is to be able to set up some global trade deals asap. If the EU does collapse, reform or push on with ever closer union. We need to have a stronger arm for full withdrawal. All eggs in one basket.

I suspect it was always his intention not to hit that target. He's picked this moment to announce this because he knows it's a good time to do it.

I agree, I think Osborne will be relieved in some ways that he has a good excuse not to hit his target, but at the same time, he hasn't set a new target, and the BBC are talking about an end of 'austerity'. So he doesn't seem to be just abandoning the specific target, but abandoning the whole principle of deficit reduction.

I'm not totally against the idea of extra borrowing while interests rates are low and using the money to fund large infrastructure and giving the economy a boost that way, but it can't be a good thing that we are conceding that it's impossible to reverse the deficit in a ten year period.

Archived