Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Good signing tbf; he'll get 10-15 guaranteed. Problem is whatever it is they've assembled behind him.

reeks of defoe at sunderland. it's ok saying "he'll score the goals to keep them up", but if he's literally the only guy scoring any goals they're going down. and thank god. still think we should relegate everyone who finishes below us every season. all c unts and all shite. 

36 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Tackle on Knocky was horrendous. Glad the little guy is ok

Yes was stupid and reckless by Britos.

Thankfully the rest of the team got him out of jail in a sense.

Brighton actually had more chances when 11v 11.

We held out quite well in the end.

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Just watching MOTD... Watford fans booing Tony Knockaert lol Melts.

That's what I said! You'd have loved it. Knockaert did nothing wrong at all yesterday, but our fans booing him fired him up. He was desperate for a goal and putting himself about way more than any of their other players. That's actually quite worrying for Brighton; he's not going to be that fired-up every week, and Brighton had nothing when he was subbed-off. 

The problem is that our fans who gave him grief would probably throw a wobbly if he scored and celebrated in front of them. There'd be calls to ban him left, right and centre. As you said, melts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, aefevans said:

That's what I said! You'd have loved it. Knockaert did nothing wrong at all yesterday, but our fans booing him fired him up. He was desperate for a goal and putting himself about way more than any of their other players. That's actually quite worrying for Brighton; he's not going to be that fired-up every week, and Brighton had nothing when he was subbed-off. 

The problem is that our fans who gave him grief would probably throw a wobbly if he scored and celebrated in front of them. There'd be calls to ban him left, right and centre. As you said, melts.

I doubt you're any different from any other set of fans. Most clubs have fans that are happy to give it out for the flimsiest of reasons but cry like babies when they get it back from players.

10 hours ago, z-layrex said:

It's ****ing horrible. Speaking as someone who lives near there, the area is dogshit, the ground is dogshit and the club itself is totally uninspiring.

I like Palace away but..... I'm only in that area once a year lol

The view is awful but I've always enjoyed it as an away day.

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I like Palace away but..... I'm only in that area once a year lol

The view is awful but I've always enjoyed it as an away day.

London is just 70% not a nice place tbh. I will never understand the hype around it. I'm only here for family and work.

You have such a better quality of life In Leicester. What my 2 bed flat cost me I could have a beautiful 5 bed detached in the midlands.

Need to be careful what we wish for when it comes to Palace and their poor start. 

What we wouldn't want to happen is them to continue their horrendous start, sack De Boer, get a new boss and then get good again lol

Nobody mentioned Bournemouth yet? Also without a win yet. Howe will be safe for now still.

I think they had it coming against Manchester City, too cautious in the second half. And then complaining about the referee playing more than the minimum of time added on indicated.

Five minutes extra doesn't mean the referee is obliged to whistle after those five minutes!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Nobody mentioned Bournemouth yet? Also without a win yet. Howe will be safe for now still.

I think they had it coming against Manchester City, too cautious in the second half. And then complaining about the referee playing more than the minimum of time added on indicated.

Five minutes extra doesn't mean the referee is obliged to whistle after those five minutes!

Yep. And Afobe got injured in that original stoppage time so there was bound to be time added on to that. 

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

This is true but when you consider how every 90 minutes gets about 6 mins total added time - when in reality it probably should be 20-25 mins. having injury time last more than 100% longer than planned is weird.

At the risk of sounding like a standard Premier league arse hole fan, why is Stoke WBA on the tv when Chelsea are playing Everton? 

Who the **** would ever choose to watch Stoke play WBA over any other prem fixture? 

That's literally the worst possible fixture in the league. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

At the risk of sounding like a standard Premier league arse hole fan, why is Stoke WBA on the tv when Chelsea are playing Everton? 

Who the **** would ever choose to watch Stoke play WBA over any other prem fixture? 

It's down to the quota filling they need to do, and the packages in the round. You're bang right, I'd much rather have Chelsea-Everton on my TV right now. The game should've been played yesterday but for the Europa qualifier. Ironically, it's played at the same time to cater for international audiences!

In my old age I'm becoming far more selective with the games I watch just from the sheer amount of free time it takes. Chelsea-Everton would've been a cracking starter before Liverpool-Arsenal, but we get this bag of crap instead.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Only reason I can think of is as part of the TV contracts every team has to be on every available TV spot at least once and as it's a bank holiday weekend people have better things to do on a Sunday lunchtime that watch any football. Therefore Sky thought if you're going to put Stoke and WBA on tele at this time might as well be now.

Siggurdson ain't no Mahrez and Keane ain't no Maguire.

As I  said pre-season. Everton are shite!

Edited by Guest