Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

4 hours ago, Koke said:

This quote makes me think Wenger is finally breaking down

Despite last season, I still regard his tenure at the club as a successful one (no matter how this season pans out for him).

He's getting on a bit, but I respect him highly and think he should've deserved better/more respect in the past - including some of his own players.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Despite last season, I still regard his tenure at the club as a successful one (no matter how this season pans out for him).

He's getting on a bit, but I respect him highly and think he has deserved better in the past - including some of his own players.

....the snakes!! 

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

I think his attitude spoke volumes today. Usually he's on the touchline barking orders or instructions at his players. Most of the game he appeared sat down in his seat, bit forlorn, and maybe a bit bored?! 

Try coaching a team plying against manè and salah with that fullback combo, wouldn't even bother looking up when they start running!

Mane and salah are a nightmare, give them space and they will give you a battering.

Expecting us to sit a lot deeper than arsenal, simmo would do his job because he always lines up with the CB's (finally a good thing coming out of him not overlapping) and I expect riyad to have his way with Moreno.

but I'm most worried about fuchs, salah abuses pace like its FIFA, Marc gonna have a big day ahead of him and he should be up to it.

7 hours ago, the fox said:

Mane and salah are a nightmare, give them space and they will give you a battering.

Expecting us to sit a lot deeper than arsenal, simmo would do his job because he always lines up with the CB's (finally a good thing coming out of him not overlapping) and I expect riyad to have his way with Moreno.

but I'm most worried about fuchs, salah abuses pace like its FIFA, Marc gonna have a big day ahead of him and he should be up to it.

You say that, but him breaking the line to mark Rashford tightly led to us conceding our second against Utd. The signs were there earlier as he made the same thing against Martial which led to the chance Pogba should have buried first half.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Arsenal are pathetic. How did we manage to lose to those shits.

We managed to lose, I'm afraid, because we fooked it right up and played straight into their hands.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, FIF said:

salah is overrated. He's similar to Schluup - lots of speed but little end product.

What?

lol

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Liverpool signing Keita and maybe Lemar, spend some money on the defence and they might be a force. Looked fantastic against Arsenal.

They still have a crappy defense that undoes everything they achieve upfront. Love the way they play but can't see them contending for the title or going really far in the CL.

Edited by ZeGuy

Guest MattP
6 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Arsenal are pathetic. How did we manage to lose to those shits.

Because we decided to shove another striker on despite leading 3-2 with a few minutes to go.

Still baffled as to what was the thinking behind it.

Shearer basically admitted he is biased in favour of United over Man City. Does anybody know why he would give a shit about either club? He doesn't support them and never played for them. Weird.

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

Kevin Wimmer to Stoke for £18m fee agreed. Spurs bought him for  £4m just 2 years ago, spent 2 years on the bench and became an £18m player.

Levy is a genius at doing that. Bought Pienaar from Everton for £3.5m, barely played him, and sold him back 18 months later for £4.5m. Bought Yedlin for £2m didn't use him for 6 months, loaned him to Sunderland for a year and then sold him to Newcastle for £5m.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Shearer basically admitted he is biased in favour of United over Man City. Does anybody know why he would give a shit about either club? He doesn't support them and never played for them. Weird.

Shearer has alluded to it a few times already this season, pretty sure he’s a Man Utd fan and regrets never accepting their interests 

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Terrible news. That means Arsene will be in with a bid for Mahrez. Surely the owners won't lzt both Mahrez and drinkwater go. I think it's a small minded mistake to let either go when they are on 4 year deals with us. Think that's a good price for OX who actually looked good this season.

56 minutes ago, Koke said:

Kevin Wimmer to Stoke for £18m fee agreed. Spurs bought him for  £4m just 2 years ago, spent 2 years on the bench and became an £18m player.

Wish we were involved at that price. We had better get another CB and RB before the deadline plus replacements for any players who leave.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

is he not taking the piss out of the fact people think he has a bias to united, despite as you say rejecting them and never supporting them?