Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

14 hours ago, FIF said:

salah is overrated. He's similar to Schluup - lots of speed but little end product.

I remember that's more or less what some Algerian Mahrez fan was saying without irony when Salah took mediocre Egypt side to AFCON final. He might be technically less gifted than Riyad but he's much more consistent, and I think Roma or Liverpool fans don't complain much about his end product.

It always feels good to see Arsenal being spanked like that. They're also below us, let's hope it stays like that lol I only saw highlights of weekend games but thought Newcastle were very impressive and hats off to Burnley for getting a point at Spuds.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Diego Costa close to rejoining Atlético for a measly 45 million Euro (£42m) plus half of that as bonus, but...

... is rumoured to then join Everton on loan straightaway.

can they do that as I thought they where under embargo and can't register players 

8 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I remember that's more or less what some Algerian Mahrez fan was saying without irony when Salah took mediocre Egypt side to AFCON final. He might be technically less gifted than Riyad but he's much more consistent, and I think Roma or Liverpool fans don't complain much about his end product.

It always feels good to see Arsenal being spanked like that. They're also below us, let's hope it stays like that lol I only saw highlights of weekend games but thought Newcastle were very impressive and hats off to Burnley for getting a point at Spuds.

Kings Head Rovers would look impressive against West Ham! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Kings Head Rovers would look impressive against West Ham! 

I heard we made a £20m offer for their CB but they turned us down.

24 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

i really hope he and other footballers can get the counselling they need. it must be really stressful doing a job you love and have fans singing and chanting your name and earn hundreds of thousands a week to do something ordinary people only dream about. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

i really hope he and other footballers can get the counselling they need. it must be really stressful doing a job you love and have fans singing and chanting your name and earn hundreds of thousands a week to do something ordinary people only dream about. 

What I also like is his "mate", the physio, throwing him right under that double decker bus lol.

Guest Col city fan
53 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Gibbs to WBA for £7mill is decent for them. Proper left back at last, too.

As usual matey, I agree. 7m seems incredible value actually?

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

As usual matey, I agree. 7m seems incredible value actually?

They'll be some sickness if they sign Sahko, Gibbs and get the fella on loan from PSG, and end up breaking even by selling Evans....

8 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Reports saying that the Arsenal/Man C deal involves Sanchez PLUS CASH for Sterling !!

If City can wangle that it'll be one of the greatest 'steals' in transfer history !

Think you've misread that chap...

I'm sorry I can't share the enthusiasm for Gibbs. Plays 3 games then he's Injured, he must have glass shins. Plus like most afc players their wage demands are prohibitive. I think that's why wfc couldn't do a deal because he wanted about £100,000 a week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wookie said:

West Brom as boring as they are at least have a clear strategy when it comes to a play style and transfers 

Are they a defender? Yes.

Are they cheap? Yes.

GERIMIN.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

Are they a defender? Yes.

Are they cheap? Yes.

GERIMIN.

I can never work out if I like Pulis or not, one day I think he's great another I think he's a boring bastard 

5 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I can never work out if I like Pulis or not, one day I think he's great another I think he's a boring bastard 

He knows how to organise a team tbf. Can't imagine any West Brom fans being worried about relegation. Worried about being bored to death maybe.

• Like 2