Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

15 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I didn't realize West Brom had also picked up Oliver Burke.

I know he didn't do much for Leipzig, but looked like he had some potential when he was with Florest.

I don't claim to be an expert on him, but from what I've seen from Forest and RB, doesn't look like he'll be anything more than a decent prem player at best.

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

Overrated for me.

lol

Swansea pull off a coup like this and that's all you can say!

Guest BlueBrett
15 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

Overrated for me.

Agreed. He hasn't done anything at all in his career so far but has all this weird hype. Can only put it down to the combined effect of a Bayern shirt and dreadlocks.

Edited by BlueBrett

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Who?

Just now, Turbogre said:

Because he's gash.

Plus we don't need anymore strikers...

What do you mean Who he's got a great name.

Who cares if he's a striker and gash if someone else is signing him we should be in there along side WBA and what about that name how good would that look on a team sheet.

Just say it out loud NAHKI!!!

• Like 1

Just now, davieG said:

Who cares if he's a striker and gash if someone else is signing him we should be in there along side WBA and what about that name how good would that look on a team sheet.

Davie... I knew what you were getting at :thumbup:

Guest BlueBrett
4 minutes ago, davieG said:

if you say his whole name backwards it sounds like a potential title for a future Kasabian single..."well snarky". We should defo be in for him

28 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Agreed. He hasn't done anything at all in his career so far but has all this weird hype. Can only put it down to the combined effect of a Bayern shirt and dreadlocks.

Only played an important role in winning Portugal's only major trophy at the age of 18 and won the best young player award, won the Portuguese and German top leagues in successive seasons and won the Golden boy award last year. That's pretty good for someone who's only turned 20. Unless you were just trolling of course....

1 minute ago, Turbogre said:

Liverpool have confirmed that Divock Origi has joined Wolfsburg on a season-long loan.

Not really worked out for him at Liverpool has it?

His record wasn't that bad and last season I thought he was finally delivering on the promise he had shown. Unexpected for me.

41 minutes ago, davieG said:

Nahki  Wells to Burnley WTF why weren't we after him.

....and he's the biggest news that Sky can make anything of in this window so far.

43 minutes ago, davieG said:

Nahki  Wells to Burnley WTF why weren't we after him.

....and he's the biggest news that Sky can make anything of in this window so far.

Guest BlueBrett
Just now, shen said:

Only played an important role in winning Portugal's only major trophy at the age of 18 and won the best young player award, won the Portuguese and German top leagues in successive seasons and won the Golden boy award last year. That's pretty good for someone who's only turned 20. Unless you were just trolling of course....

His record wasn't that bad and last season I thought he was finally delivering on the promise he had shown. Unexpected for me.

He played one full match in the Euros..got the young player of the tournament award because he was about the only remotely youthful guy in the ageing portugal squad that won it..played one full game for Bayern last season..failed to score or assist in another 24 substitute appearances and was widely regarded as not good enough amongst German fans.

Seems like a player whose track record is open to interpretation and I'm not convinced he's all that. Could be wrong of course.