Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

9 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Moss is one of my least favourite referees, but I think he's made the right decision there. That was seriously dangerous from Mane, although I do feel for him as you could argue that he had every right to go for that ball.

You have to protect the keeper there. If that foul was on Kasper and Moss didn't give a red we'd all be livid, I'd argue.

He wasn't the goalkeeper there though. 

Just now, casablancas said:

Would you accept that if it was vardy and chech? I think his eyes were on the ball and he was entitled to challenge for it. Keeper rushed and a clash was always gonna happen. 

yes, if jamie vardy caught any goalkeeper flush in the side of the face, after the ball had been cleared, when he wasn't even bending down and has probably put him in hospital id find it hard to argue it "shouldn't even have been a yellow"

If you take the rules literally, it's a red but I think if you use common sense and take the incident as a whole you can see it as an accidental collision in a scenario where mane had every right to challenge for the ball in that way, he got it wrong so it should be a yellow. 

5 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Why do you think that it isn't a red? That's about as dangerous as it gets, in my opinion.

I do t think he went in to intentionally harm the keeper and his eyes appeared to be on the ball. It was a 50/50. A yellow I'd have agreed with. 

• Like 1

Just now, ScouseFox said:

yes, if jamie vardy caught any goalkeeper flush in the side of the face, after the ball had been cleared, when he wasn't even bending down and has probably put him in hospital id find it hard to argue it "shouldn't even have been a yellow"

Fair enough mate. We all have our opinions ... safe to say I'd not like to be a ref. 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

In that situation he wasn't the goalkeeper he was a defender.

3 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Would you accept that if it was vardy and chech? I think his eyes were on the ball and he was entitled to challenge for it. Keeper rushed and a clash was always gonna happen. 

I'd feel really bad for Vards and my hatred for Moss would increase. But after I'd calmed down I think I would accept the decision.

I think the fairest possible decision would be a red card for Mane but no suspension as it was seriously dangerous but clearly unintentional. 

Just now, Melbourne Fuchs said:

I'd feel really bad for Vards and my hatred for Moss would increase. But after I'd calmed down I think I would accept the decision.

I think the fairest possible decision would be a red card for Mane but no suspension as it was seriously dangerous but clearly unintentional. 

Fair enough dude. A balanced argument well made. The reverse slow mo does make the challenge and subsequent impact look bloody horrendous. 

• Like 1

Many people changing their minds based on slow motion replays which for me takes the 'realness' out of the situation. Anyway, I can see why it's given a red and Mane should probably have gave the ball up but no doubt would then be accused of bottling a challenge.