Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Townsend looks good :ph34r:

I think it's because Zaha isn't playing, other players are getting much more of the ball and more involved than they usually would rather than just basing their game on giving it to the pantomime show pony and being reliant on Zaha drawing fouls to gain set pieces.

2 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Not related to today's game, but Morata really impressed me for Chelsea yesterday, looks absolutely ideal for the Prem.

When I debate the title race contenders I say that for Chelsea the key is how well he settles, for all his general c***ishness Costa was reliable and proven, when you only play one central striker changing a successful one is always going to be a big gamble but so far it appears to be effective.  

17 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Forgotten how crap Schlupp is ... still cannot work out what his thought process is when he gets the ball .. if he has a thought process..

Yet he still keeps getting played, must leave it on the training pitch.

3 minutes ago, Finley Parsons said:

Even though we are nearly in the bottom 3 I still have a good feeling about this season. We seem to want it more and Shakey has motivated the players, where do you think we will finish after 4 games?

I still think 8th behind the "Big 6" and Everton. Ray Parlour said this morning 10th-12th, I don't know who he thinks would be above us in 8th and 9th, WBA, Southampton (who lost to Watford yesterday), Watford? If we can be 8th for most of the season we'd be the best side in the league that hasn't got the demands of European football so come April who knows, a good run as others wobble and 7th, 6th ? Most sides have used their TV money and improved on last year but if we do what we do well I don't fear them, just the Drinky / Silva factor though without knowing if Iborra or James will be sufficient until January at least. 

• Like 1