Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Burnley really been blessed this early season. Red cards for Chelsea, last minute goal against Spurs and now grinding this one out with Palace missing some pretty huge chances at the end. Can we please find that kind of clutch again...

There's enough talent in that Palace side to stay up comfortably. De Boer can't score the goals for them or legislate for stupid defensive errors. He may yet get their season going, but if Parish gets rid and goes back for Sam, they'll sail up the table. Shows that this season won't be any easier for us than last despite delusions on here we are much better than a clutch of others. 

Just now, Max Wall said:

That may be true but Shinji and Slim are hardly pulling up trees and we've yet to see what Kelechi does.

So why did we let them go too early in your opinion? Wood wasn't getting near our team, we got a decent fee for him and we won the league - he wouldn't have thrived here without the regular game time he got at Leeds and now Burnley.

Crystal Palace are the first team in the top division in 90+ years to have lost their opening four games and to not score in any of them.

But thought they were very unlucky today, and honestly think either Allardyce or Pardew (the former more likely) will return.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Embarrassing dive by the Newcastle player. I assume as the ref hasn't punished him that will see the new ban come into effect? No doubt whatsoever that it is clear simulation.

EDIT: Just heard Alan Smith say as no pen was given he can't be punished. Seems wrong that, it's blatant cheating.

Edited by Lovejoy

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

Wood is certainly a better option than Ulloa.. and Slimani too probably!!! 

You're probably not far off. He went to Burnley because he'd be playing week in week out. When he was here he probably was happy to leave to play more. 

On another note... Renato Sanchez is bang average. Watch him play for Bayern pre-season and he couldn't even make a 10 yard pass, he was the worst player on the pitch in a team that were underperforming.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

You're probably not far off. He went to Burnley because he'd be playing week in week out. When he was here he probably was happy to leave to play more. 

On another note... Renato Sanchez is bang average. Watch him play for Bayern pre-season and he couldn't even make a 10 yard pass, he was the worst player on the pitch in a team that were underperforming.

Agreed.

I think people (Including me) got abit over excited about him and over rate him abit.

I know it's his debut in a new league but he's looking very poor, walking round the pitch looking very disinterested and clumsy.

I expected more from him even more so being his debut in a new league, looking to prove a point.

Might have to take him out my dream team already! lol:doh:

(Please prove me wrong :fc:)

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Palace are dirt. Them and Bournemouth to go please :fc:

I doubt it. DeBoer will be gone soon and I'd have no surprise if they tempted big Sam out of retirement.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

So why did we let them go too early in your opinion? Wood wasn't getting near our team, we got a decent fee for him and we won the league - he wouldn't have thrived here without the regular game time he got at Leeds and now Burnley.

Very true. You can't keep players just cos they might improve at some point in the distant future.

When Wood was with us, he was bang average.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Agreed.

I think people (Including me) got abit over excited about him and over rate him abit.

I know it's his debut in a new league but he's looking very poor, walking round the pitch looking very disinterested and clumsy.

I expected more from him even more so being his debut in a new league, looking to prove a point.

Might have to take him out my dream team already! lol:doh:

(Please prove me wrong :fc:)

There was an attack that he started, it broke down and Newcastle broke forward. It was just after I'd posted so was looking for him on the screen and he was just jogging back towards the halfway line when his teammates were busting a gut from the same position trying to get back behind play. That says a lot, even more so on your debut! 

• Like 1