Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

On 10/09/2017 at 06:47, Wymeswold fox said:

Still very much miss Kante.

He's got something that our current midfield lacks, what a buy he was.

He was interviewed on MOTD, but his accent was too strong for me to understand.. - could anyone that also saw it kindly clarify what he said?

Haha, the lesta shit without me!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, davieG said:

de Boar gone... 77days.

Quite harsh, on the basis that they vastly improved yesterday (barring one terrible back-pass) and certainly should've scored with plenty of opportunities.

They'll need to score at home against Southampton, else they'll be quite certain to struggle especially with the immediate tougher games after that.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Reckon this will go the way like a couple of years ago when Pulis left and they bought in Warnock.

Hodgson will be gone by February next year, and they'll be onto their next saviour. No long-term strategy at that club (not now they've sacked FdB anyway), and the appointment of a 70-year old proves it.

Edited by Footballwipe

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Reckon this will go the way like a couple of years ago when Pulis left and they bought in Warnock.

Hodgson will be gone by February next year, and they'll be onto their next saviour. No long-term strategy at that club (not now they've sacked FdB anyway), and the appointment of a 70-year old proves it.

Yeh Palace's porblem is they've been stagnating. They're not progressing as club by appointing journeyman after journeyman.

I'm not saying De Boer was the correct appointment (trying to play passing football with a club like Palace, especially straight away, is a recipe for disaster) but to replace him with someone like Hodgson is a pathetic decision and if it was our club I'd be handing my season ticket in. No excuse for appointing that shitbag.

They are 3 points from safety with the majority of the season left, even if you do cut your losses and say you made a mistake with one manager, you don't then go and appoint a man with no future.

Hodgson should never have got another job in football after he left England, he was an absolute disgrace in every facet of management.

Edited by Kitchandro

It's amazing that not only have they binned de Boer after 77 days, they've done so straight after a 2 week international break in which time the transfer window shut and they spent £26 million on a centre back.

9 times out of 10 they win the game yesterday that was evidently the one game he was given to save his job. They battered Burnley and got nothing. That's not his fault, as a manager you can only put in place the pieces to determine the pattern of the game - he can't be responsible for Lee's idiocy or all the missed chances.

What an absolute joke! Steve Parish had a vision of changing the way Palace played and having a long term plan and he obviously thought De Boer ticked all his boxes, so what has changed 77 days later? I get they've lost 4 and not scored but the loss to Burnley wasn't anything to do with tactics or mis management, that was down to a shocking back pass! The game against Liverpool could've gone either way and Palace were just unlucky! Surely Parish knew that with the players they've got, a change to De Boer's tactics of possession and tika taka wouldn't have been an instant success? It was always going to take time and Steve Parish has made himself look a right mug here! No time given to managers anymore, shame on you Palace and Steve Parish...

• Like 1

Harsh. I think it's the fixtures that have done for him.

We're not much better off table-wise but look at the differences in the games played. If they were where they are after having had our fixtures they'd probably not have pulled the trigger so soon.

Sacking Frank De Boer (4 league titles, played for some of the best clubs in the world) and replacing him with Roy Hodgson!!!! Deary me, what is the world coming to!!!?!

FdB tried to change too much, too quickly by going to a 3-4-3 straight away, but I suspect he fell out with Parish too.

I'd hate to be a Palace supporter right now, the only way to be more depressed after the worst ever start to a season is to wake up and find out that Woy is in charge...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Imagine appointing a young progressive manager and then replacing him after 4 games with Roy Hodgson.

Imagine appointing a manager who tries/wants to play a certain way with the players at the club who cant play that way. Apointing Hodgson is a good choice he will do well for Palace.