Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

When a manager is sacked four games into a season the Chairman should have the dignity to stand down as well given it was him that made what he now considers to be such an appalling decision.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Imagine appointing a manager who tries/wants to play a certain way with the players at the club who cant play that way. Apointing Hodgson is a good choice he will do well for Palace.

I really used to rate Hodgson, even up to 2014, but it was clear that by the end of his time with England he was totally burnt out, making totally irrational choices at every turn. Perhaps a year out of the game will have done him some good but you're talking about a 70 year old man operating in a league he hasn't worked in for 5 years.

19 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I really used to rate Hodgson, even up to 2014, but it was clear that by the end of his time with England he was totally burnt out, making totally irrational choices at every turn. Perhaps a year out of the game will have done him some good but you're talking about a 70 year old man operating in a league he hasn't worked in for 5 years.

He's a boring manager, will set them up how they generally play. 

The fact there is no apology from the board in their statement is horrendous.

This is a top level management mistake, it's not De Boers fault, he was out of work he's going to take any job! The footballing brains at Palace should no well enough that he is in no way suited to their team.

I think it would be different if he came here, because even though we like to play direct, if you stick Dragovic and Maguire in at the back and let James, Iborra and N'didi play the way the probably want to play it would take much for us to be a passing side.... with a few additions of course.

At Palace it's almost a need for an entire new 11!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

The fact there is no apology from the board in their statement is horrendous.

This is a top level management mistake, it's not De Boers fault, he was out of work he's going to take any job! The footballing brains at Palace should no well enough that he is in no way suited to their team.

I think it would be different if he came here, because even though we like to play direct, if you stick Dragovic and Maguire in at the back and let James, Iborra and N'didi play the way the probably want to play it would take much for us to be a passing side.... with a few additions of course.

At Palace it's almost a need for an entire new 11!

Quite right. Added to that, Iheanacho, Silva (if it ever happens) and Mahrez, we wouldn't be far off. I think this would suit Mahrez massively too rather than just switching play to him and hoping he can work some magic. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Quite right. Added to that, Iheanacho, Silva (if it ever happens) and Mahrez, we wouldn't be far off. I think this would suit Mahrez massively too rather than just switching play to him and hoping he can work some magic. 

I think it will happen when Vardy tails off.

Trouble is there is no chance of us getting a striker as good as Vardy so we need to play the way that suits him.

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, MattP said:

When a manager is sacked four games into a season the Chairman should have the dignity to stand down as well given it was him that made what he now considers to be such an appalling decision.

If only this would ever happen. It should, but it don't.

What a shocking appointment DeBoer was. I wonder what his utterly ridiculous pay off is?

I actually thought Palace might have a decent season, not now though.  De Boer even said when he arrived that he wanted to change the style of play and that it wouldn't happen overnight and that the board shared and understood his vision.

As for Hodgson lol

What happens when Woy loses 4 prem games on the spin?  Because it will definitely happen.