Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

21 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Liverpool are appealing against the length of Mane's 3 match ban, which includes the 2 games against us.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11031120/liverpool-to-appeal-the-length-of-sadio-manes-ban

3 match ban is absolutely ridiculous. That said I wouldn't mind not seeing him against us.

Disagree, they look very well organised to me. 

Conditions arent helping either side.

Agree though Mooy looks quality! And whoever it is playing just behind him making all the interceptions is decent too.

7 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

What is about people involved with teams whose names sound the club they represent?

Crystal Parish

Arsenal Wenger

Roberto Mancity

Leicesterban Cambiasso

My favourite was when Wolfgang Wolf was manager of Wolfsberg (honestly). You can imagine the scenario at the job centre, "Your name is Wolfgang Wolf? Vell (I'm trying to make it sound German) ****me, I have zee ideal role for you here, it's your destiny, your whole life has been building towards this moment etc...

And didn't Wolves sign De Wolf?

If only Kuntz had gone to Millwall...and I don't mean Dennis Wise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

3 match ban is absolutely ridiculous. That said I wouldn't mind not seeing him against us.

Why?  He had the option to go with his head - using his foot at that height and pace was cowardice in my opinion.  it's a straight red and a three game ban for endangering an opponent. Reckless. Anything less than three games  is a poor precedent imo. 

49 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Clearly Tony Gale thought the City keeper was faking his injuries!

Gale basically questioned the lad's masculinity after getting his head kicked in and had several stitches on his face. State of some of our pundits, my god.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why?  He had the option to go with his head - using his foot at that height and pace was cowardice in my opinion.  it's a straight red and a three game ban for endangering an opponent. Reckless. Anything less than three games  is a poor precedent imo. 

Now, now. He went with his feet which was what any forward would do. Going with his head would have cost time and wasn't justified at this distance from the goal. Plus going with his head when any forward knows that the GK always comes out with his knee forward? There is no fvcking attacking player that'd have put his head in this situation. None. He went for the ball as fast as he could and didn't see the keeper coming. Unfortunate challenge which resulted in the GK being lightly injured. Reckless yes, cowardly? lol. Got his red and that's it. There was no malicious intent. 1 game ban would have been more than enough. 

Edited by ZeGuy

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

Gale basically questioned the lad's masculinity after getting his head kicked in and had several stitches on his face. State of some of our pundits, my god.

Quoting myself here cos I just seen Garth Crooks criticise Pogba's hair style as if that has any bearing on his performances. "He needs to spend more time focusing on his football"... yeah, like Pogba spends 6 hours a day on his hair whilst totally neglecting his football duties.

These old farts are stuck in 1983.

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

Yet if Ederson had "bottled" the challenge he wouldn't have been tough enough with that, either, for the likes of Gale. Heaton was able to wave because he was fully conscious, without a facial injury and aware of his surroundings. 

It truly is appalling punditry.

30 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Now, now. He went with his feet which was what any forward would do. Going with his head would have cost time and wasn't justified at this distance from the goal. Plus going with his head when any forward knows that the GK always comes out with his knee forward? There is no fvcking attacking player that'd have put his head in this situation. None. He went for the ball as fast as he could and didn't see the keeper coming. Unfortunate challenge which resulted in the GK being lightly injured. Reckless yes, cowardly? lol. Got his red and that's it. There was no malicious intent. 1 game ban would have been more than enough. 

if you know you are in a part of the pitch where there is no opponent then you can do a Kung fu kick to controll the ball for all anyone cares - this wasn't a bouncing ball in midfield with two players competing from a standing start and a boot catching one in the face. This was at pace and mane must realise that if his foot catches his fellow pro high then severe damage could result. The stakes are high on all sides and mane lost having raised them by going foot first. Anything less than three games has no justification. Liverpool are trying to be clever with the appeals process. They know that an appeal against the red will fail and could result in an extra game ban. They know what the rules are and endangering an opponent is a straight red and a three game ban. 

by the way - plenty of illustrations over the years of a player just beating the keeper to the bouncing ball by using their head and then having an open goal to score into. a really brave player takes that on knowing that if the keeper does clear him out it's likely a red card and if he doesn't it's probably a goal.