Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if you know you are in a part of the pitch where there is no opponent then you can do a Kung fu kick to controll the ball for all anyone cares - this wasn't a bouncing ball in midfield with two players competing from a standing start and a boot catching one in the face. This was at pace and mane must realise that if his foot catches his fellow pro high then severe damage could result. The stakes are high on all sides and mane lost having raised them by going foot first. Anything less than three games has no justification. Liverpool are trying to be clever with the appeals process. They know that an appeal against the red will fail and could result in an extra game ban. They know what the rules are and endangering an opponent is a straight red and a three game ban. 

by the way - plenty of illustrations over the years of a player just beating the keeper to the bouncing ball by using their head and then having an open goal to score into. a really brave player takes that on knowing that if the keeper does clear him out it's likely a red card and if he doesn't it's probably a goal. 

Apparently they wasn't going to appeal until the Richie incident happened the day after, they have a good chance of getting it rescinded because of that 

2 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

Antonio far too good for Wet Spam, gerrimmin in Jan.

He looked great in the Sheffield Wednesday game back end 2014, came back from injury scored a good goal and looked their best player. Always thought we should have signed him then, and he went to Forest!

No chance of signing him now of course.

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Nervous laughter from the fellow pundits says it all.

'You know the balls going to pitch up like that.' So because there's a chance you might be fouled, don't go in with your head?? What point is he trying to make? He doesn't expand on it whatsoever and just rants. 

2 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

My favourite was when Wolfgang Wolf was manager of Wolfsberg (honestly). You can imagine the scenario at the job centre, "Your name is Wolfgang Wolf? Vell (I'm trying to make it sound German) ****me, I have zee ideal role for you here, it's your destiny, your whole life has been building towards this moment etc...

And didn't Wolves sign De Wolf?

If only Kuntz had gone to Millwall...and I don't mean Dennis Wise.

Quite simply my favourite post ever. Wish I wasn't so old and knew how to post that clappy hand applause thing .

Edited by Max Wall
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
7 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Quite simply my favourite post ever. Wish I wasn't so old and knew how to post that clappy hand applause thing .

:appl:

There ya go..

7 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Apparently they wasn't going to appeal until the Richie incident happened the day after, they have a good chance of getting it rescinded because of that 

That would be even more ridiculous. Two wrongs don't make a right. Sundays ref made an error in not sending Ritchie off. Basically that would mean anyone who received a red could show a video of someone receiving a yellow for a smiler offence and get it rescinded. no straight red would ever stand on appeal !!

14 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

'You know the balls going to pitch up like that.' So because there's a chance you might be fouled, don't go in with your head?? What point is he trying to make? He doesn't expand on it whatsoever and just rants. 

Tony Gale is a relic. He and Gary Birtles on the World Feed are just absolutely rubbish when doing co-commentary. They get totally shown up completely by the younger, better pundits in comparison.

Gale is my favourite. If you ever get chance, check out his commentary when we played West Ham away in the title season. Defending Adrian's gut-kick and general bias towards the team he loves.

6 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Do people seriously believe Ederson should have left that ball? lol 

They'd be the first to say that he should have been braver if Mane then would have scored.

I cant believe there is controversy surrounding this decision.  Its weird.  One can only conclude that Máne is officially a media darling now

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tuna said:

Nervous laughter from the fellow pundits says it all.

Probably shocked at the complete lack of understand in difference between potentially a serious head/neck/facial injury and a dislocated shoulder.

You only have to look at rugby where with the former big strong "proper men" are carried off in neck braces and told not to come back unless fully checked over whereas they seem to just walk off with a shoulder injury.

No wonder how to deal concussion is a big talking point in sports.

Guest Col city fan

Hodgson may well 'fit' Palace very nicely. He's a boring old cvnt and Palace want to play in a boring, basic way.

He'll probably keep em up by making em hard to beat. 

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:52, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

What is about people involved with teams whose names sound the club they represent?

Crystal Parish

Arsenal Wenger

Roberto Mancity

Leicesterban Cambiasso

Absolutely then there is also the symmetry of teams signing certain players this summer, IE:

Chelsea sign Drinkwater.

Everton sign Drinkdriver.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Hodgson may well 'fit' Palace very nicely. He's a boring old cvnt and Palace want to play in a boring, basic way.

Benteke on corners.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Absolutely then there is also the symmetry of teams signing certain players this summer, IE:

Chelsea sign Drinkwater.

Everton sign Drinkdriver.

Man City sign Kyle Walker

Spurs sign Kyle Walker-Peters, like trying to replace a beloved dog that has died*

*I am aware he is an academy product, but that doesn't help the joke

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Man City sign Kyle Walker

Spurs sign Kyle Walker-Peters, like trying to replace a beloved dog that has died*

*I am aware he is an academy product, but that doesn't help the joke

What if Kyle Walker peters out at Man City and they sign Kyle Walker-Peters. 

11 hours ago, Col city fan said:

He's polished turds ? before Fulham wba . But a tough run of games coming up. Can only see them getting 3 points out of ten games . ?