Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

21 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Still got Hazard to come back tbf. Not sure Morata will score enough for them to compete against the Manchester clubs though

Yea, I guess. I just don't think they've played well yet. Against us last week I thought they looked really average and have in a few games. But who knows what having hazard back can do for them. He's annoyingly brilliant. 

Guest seanfox778

What a sh*t game! Can't even recall any clear cut chances apart from Lacazette's miss.

Edited by seanfox778

I really fear for the Premier League turning into La Liga the way this weekend has gone.

The big 4-6 grinding out boring draws against each other.

Big vs Small resulting in either 6-0 hammering or terrible games like Swansea vs Spurs when Swans get ten behind the ball.

And then games like us against huddersfield where theres zero quality

All because of the amount of money those top 4 to 6 have spent.

Concerning! :/ 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I really fear for the Premier League turning into La Liga the way this weekend has gone.

The big 4-6 grinding out boring draws against each other.

Big vs Small resulting in either 6-0 hammering or terrible games like Swansea vs Spurs when Swans get ten behind the ball.

And then games like us against huddersfield where theres zero quality

All because of the amount of money those top 4 to 6 have spent.

Concerning! :/ 

Our games against Arsenal and Chelsea weren't exactly walkovers. There's been plenty of games already which have been far away from anything in La Liga.

Admittedly our game yesterday was shocking in terms of quality but I don't think that'll be the trend of the season.

In La Liga, there are two massive clubs and Atletico who aren't quite on their level. Everyone else is very boring to watch and attract little interest with a slow pace of play. The Premier League isn't that bad. Teams like Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester (when it clicks), Everton can be a good watch for different reasons. Then you obviously have Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal who can be a joy to watch more often than not. Utd and City started amazingly but I don't think 4-0s and 6-0s will happen too often. Even so, Hudds, Brighton, Newcastle, Swansea will get blown away on occasion because of the gulf in class, but that's football. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

13 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Our games against Arsenal and Chelsea weren't exactly walkovers. There's been plenty of games already which have been far away from anything in La Liga.

Admittedly our game yesterday was shocking in terms of quality but I don't think that'll be the trend of the season.

In La Liga, there are two massive clubs and Atletico who aren't quite on their level. Everyone else is very boring to watch and attract little interest with a slow pace of play. The Premier League isn't that bad. Teams like Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester (when it clicks), Everton can be a good watch for different reasons. Then you obviously have Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal who can be a joy to watch more often than not. Utd and City started amazingly but I don't think 4-0s and 6-0s will happen too often. Even so, Hudds, Brighton, Newcastle, Swansea will get blown away on occasion because of the gulf in class, but that's football. 

Fair enough, more of a “hope it doesn’t lead to that” rather than it already has.

Siggy on the left again for Everton lol 

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Fair enough, more of a “hope it doesn’t lead to that” rather than it already has.

Siggy on the left again for Everton lol 

I think I posted more in hope than knowledge too tbh :P I think our game yesterday was enough to make anybody wonder about the quality of the league! 

Yeah, what a waste putting him out there! Literally cutting him out of the game for half of the time. 

What a strike, thought Matic had pulled that cross after playing it first time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Even though there playing Man U, perhaps another heavy defeat cost Koeman his job?

He’ll be there for at least the season I’m sure. Always someone else to blame with Koeman and he seems to get away with it

The Everton team selection is shite. No pace, no real striker. Now their sitting way too deep too. With the players at their disposal they shouldn't be starting with Rooney as the central striker, he drop deep too much. They have Davies wide right of a front three when they have Mirralas, Calvert-lewin as options.

I feel for them, but it's their own fault for signing him, but the talk about Everton, as I saw earlier today, is now how to get the best from Rooney. It was much like that for England in recent years. Everton have some talent in their squad, and should be looking at getting the best out of the whole team, not one man.