Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Guest Col city fan

Just watching the burnley highlights on MOTD. 

They are playing some lovely football.

IF we sack Shakey, the fella I'd go for would be Dyche.

The ironic thing is I'm not even sure he'd come!

lol

Edited by Col city fan

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

Throw enough cash at him and he will.

Think he lives in Northampton as well.

Edited by Tuna

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Don't tell Babs!

lol

The moment I start worrying about what Babylon thinks is the moment I'm off.

Burnley are where they by no fluke whatsoever. They are very well organized and have some good team players.

8 hours ago, murphy said:

First of all with regard to Dyche - No.  Just no.

To anybody suggesting him I'd say where's your self respect?

As to why he would hypothetically leave Burnley and come here, well we may look like relegation fodder now but we have better players and better rescources than Burnley and therefore more potential.

I think if there's one reason Dyche wouldn't come here it's that lol 

I think it's hard to make a good case against him as a manager. He knows how to build a team.

13 hours ago, Tuna said:

Throw enough cash at him and he will.

Think he lives in Northampton as well.

He's a Kett'rin' lad. He should be right up for it, right now Burnley are closer to the market leaders than we are :D.

2 hours ago, Worthington said:

This Palace debacle is getting ridiculous... Never before been a  FL team who were still waiting for their first  goal come October! Including the end of last season they've scored 4 in 12 games, (all in one match v Hull)!!

3 more  'blanks' and they'll match Cov's 11 goalless games in a row!

To think Hodgson was odds on favourite to get the job here....(shudders at the very thought)

4 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

To think Hodgson was odds on favourite to get the job here....(shudders at the very thought)

Hodgson has done okay with similar sized clubs like Palace. Are you forgetting the work he did at West Brom and, in particular, Fulham? 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Hodgson has done okay with similar sized clubs like Palace. Are you forgetting the work he did at West Brom and, in particular, Fulham? 

Agree hi did well at Fulham, and very narrowly escaped relegation 2007/8 whilst performing very well in Europe, but he's not aged particularly well well imo. Showed his true mettle with the England team selection and tactics at the finals. Would hate to see him in a Leicester City tracksuit, I'd rather have Ranieri back

Just now, norwichfox said:

Agree hi did well at Fulham, and very narrowly escaped relegation 2007/8 whilst performing very well in Europe, but he's not aged particularly well well imo. Showed his true mettle with the England team selection and tactics at the finals. Would hate to see him in a Leicester City tracksuit, I'd rather have Ranieri back

Oh I wouldn't want him here but to write him off after a poor England job isn't that fair considering what he has done in the past. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Don't tell Babs!

That the Burnley who has 37% posession and 5 shots all game compared to Everton's 63% and 25 shot. If you're going to keep flagging me up I'd appreciate it if you go back and read the posts because you've clearly missed the point.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Col city fan said:

lol

We've gone from winning the league and playing in Europe to wondering if Sean bastard Dyche would lower himself to our level. **** me.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Oh I wouldn't want him here but to write him off after a poor England job isn't that fair considering what he has done in the past. 

This is Foxes Talk...we don't do fair lol....seems you have also written him off if you don't want him here :whistle:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

lol

The moment I start worrying about what Babylon thinks is the moment I'm off.

Burnley are where they by no fluke whatsoever. They are very well organized and have some good team players.

No Fluke?

They beat a 9 man Chelsea team and shitty Palace and Everton teams. they lost at home to a poor West Brom, and drew at home to Huddersfield and away to Liverpool whilst being knocked out of the cup by a championship side.

They really haven't done much, if any,  better than us. The upcoming West Brom and Leeds matches will give us a good comparison. 

Still it's easy to knock your own club whilst lauding others.

Burnley is the perfect job for Dyche, enables his inferiority complex, low expectations and can stick 10 men behind the ball and get credit for a mediocre season with a few upsets. They're quite fortunate in a lot of these ganes too but whatever. He's got a low ceiling imo and he's also a massive bin liner 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Steve Walsh getting some serious stick from Everton fans for their summer business. I’m pretty sure they were bragging about their signings in August but now all of a sudden their recruitment is to blame for their shoddy start to the season. Always thought it was strange that they took him as DOF when it’s clear to see that his strengths lie in scouting.

Potential reunion of NP, CS and SW at Leicester?:ph34r:

Edited by foxfanazer

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

Burnley is the perfect job for Dyche, enables his inferiority complex, low expectations and can stick 10 men behind the ball and get credit for a mediocre season with a few upsets. They're quite fortunate in a lot of these ganes too but whatever. He's got a low ceiling imo and he's also a massive bin liner 

Bingo. They were very good on Sunday mind. However, they had some incredible fortune in the first half of the season. Their positioning as well highlights how weak/competitive the PL is this season.