Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

Burnley is the perfect job for Dyche, enables his inferiority complex, low expectations and can stick 10 men behind the ball and get credit for a mediocre season with a few upsets. They're quite fortunate in a lot of these ganes too but whatever. He's got a low ceiling imo and he's also a massive bin liner 

Not a fan? lol

Premier League clubs have agreed to further talks over new proposals to change the way they receive money from overseas broadcasting deals.

The clubs met on Wednesday to discuss the issue and unanimously agreed to adjourn the meeting to allow further discussion.

The clubs have not rejected any proposals regarding the distribution of international broadcast revenue, but have simply agreed to further talks on the issue.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Premier League clubs have agreed to further talks over new proposals to change the way they receive money from overseas broadcasting deals.

The clubs met on Wednesday to discuss the issue and unanimously agreed to adjourn the meeting to allow further discussion.

The clubs have not rejected any proposals regarding the distribution of international broadcast revenue, but have simply agreed to further talks on the issue.

What is there to discuss? Just tell the so called Big 5 plus Spurs to fvck off, we're keeping it as it is and that's that. You already get more money the higher you finish.

They can threaten to leave the league all they want and go to some shite European Super League - a) great, that would be delightful, good riddance from our point of view and b) their fans would not stand for it, it wouldn't get off the ground. All the fans of those clubs I have spoken to have said they would hate the idea.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

Just been watching Australia play Syria in the wcq. It struck me how much Aaron Mooy would suit us if we could prise him from Huddersfield. Has such an excellent range of passing, particularly through balls or over the top, but actually to a player, not just a hopeful lump, a bit like Drinkwater before he became shit. I'm sure him and Vardy would strike up a good partnership.

Oddly enough, I had a read of The Holmesdale Online today, expecting a flood of bitter recriminations that would make FT seem like a happy place, and it was full of people who were actually supporting their club, and not calling for sackings or crucifixions. This is weird. Maybe there is a point at which supporters go 'xxxx it, I support Palace and whatever happens will happen'. 

I have a lot more faith in Palace staying up now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thursday_next said:

Oddly enough, I had a read of The Holmesdale Online today, expecting a flood of bitter recriminations that would make FT seem like a happy place, and it was full of people who were actually supporting their club, and not calling for sackings or crucifixions. This is weird. Maybe there is a point at which supporters go 'xxxx it, I support Palace and whatever happens will happen'. 

Tbf they've already had their sacking and woy has had, what, 2 games? Not surprising they're not gunning to have an alternative to the manager of the month award.

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Begs the question of who's the biggest tit(s)

Him for paying out £££££s for sex and passing out

Watford for paying him £30k/week

Or the women.:blush:

On 10/1/2017 at 16:24, murphy said:

First of all with regard to Dyche - No.  Just no.

To anybody suggesting him I'd say where's your self respect?

As to why he would hypothetically leave Burnley and come here, well we may look like relegation fodder now but we have better players and better rescources than Burnley and therefore more potential.

.....and more chance of being rewarded like CR....with the sack.

On 10/1/2017 at 14:21, Koke said:

I'm glad Everton are doing poorly. I hate Koeman the bellend.

As for Burnley, we have better individual players than them yet they would probably run rings around us when we play them. .

If skill is lacking, it is always better to be FITTER and to work HARDER than your opposition.

On 10/1/2017 at 15:10, Koke said:

And they got solitary 1 point off Huddersfield & WBA and lost to Leeds in the cup. Weird team. 

Maybe weird. Best performance was the 1-0 home loss to the Baggies - typical Pulis smash & grab.

Worst display - the 1-0 home win v Palace who should have won 4-1.

10 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Man City next away game - Burnley bubble bursts?:)

I'm sure you'll be alright ;)

No bubble to burst anyway. You've had tough away games but done well in them. If only we had that same attitude.

On 05/10/2017 at 16:46, thursday_next said:

Must be a stat if they lose to Chelsea has any club lost so many consecutive games at the start of the season and stayed up....using Claudio's 40 points they will need 12 wins and four draws from 29 games...factor Manchester x 2 Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool  into those and it would be an impressive turnaround if they do it.......

And our old friend Merse just keeps on giving.. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4974166/Redknapp-better-tactically-Wenger-says-Paul-Merson.html

'If Arsene Wenger had Harry Redknapp's tactical nous, Arsenal would win the league.' Apart from the three titles he has won, of course.

Wenger has won as many Premier League titles as Redknapp has been relegated from it.

• Like 1