Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

3 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Must be a stat if they lose to Chelsea has any club lost so many consecutive games at the start of the season and stayed up....using Claudio's 40 points they will need 12 wins and four draws from 29 games...factor Manchester x 2 Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool  into those and it would be an impressive turnaround if they do it.......

Won't need 40 points to stay up 

7 hours ago, Corky said:

And our old friend Merse just keeps on giving.. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4974166/Redknapp-better-tactically-Wenger-says-Paul-Merson.html

'If Arsene Wenger had Harry Redknapp's tactical nous, Arsenal would win the league.' Apart from the three titles he has won, of course.

Wenger has won as many Premier League titles as Redknapp has been relegated from it.

Sky can't seriously employ him because he's got a clue about football.

It's all so dumbed down now.

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sky can't seriously employ him because he's got a clue about football.

It's all so dumbed down now.

Yeah he's basically there because he appeals to the pond life and acts like a 'guy in the local'.

The same people who love Merson are probably the same people who dislike James Richardson for being a posh tw@t who uses big words and couldnt possibly know anything about football.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Can't wait for the World Cup Final to start in an hour. I know Sky have to hype it up beyond all recognition but even Five Live have a 90-minute build-up. at the moment.

Christ, I came on this thread to post the exact same thing. You can tell Sky and 5Live are losing more and more live coverage so they have to resort to overhyping the clutch of games they do have.

It’s still the biggest game. They hate each other. It’s not just about football, it’s all the way back to 1800s or whenever the canal was built. 

It’s just added that they are both the most successful clubs in the country. 

It’s a shame Sky build it up as they do though. Because of this we’re all let down. I just want to watch a good game with loads of red cards.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It’s still the biggest game. They hate each other. It’s not just about football, it’s all the way back to 1800s or whenever the canal was built. 

It’s a shame Sky build it up as they do though. Because of this we’re all let down. I just want to watch a good game with loads of red cards.

I know it is a huge game, and I can understand why they start the coverage early on TV as they have visual coverage, but the radio just seems too long. I do like Fighting Talk on a Saturday morning so I'm slightly annoyed that has been taken off which is my biggest gripe ;) but I'm sure they could condense the radio build-up to half-an-hour without the several advert breaks.

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

I know it is a huge game, and I can understand why they start the coverage early on TV as they have visual coverage, but the radio just seems too long. I do like Fighting Talk on a Saturday morning so I'm slightly annoyed that has been taken off which is my biggest gripe ;) but I'm sure they could condense the radio build-up to half-an-hour without the several advert breaks.

Oh I do agree with you like I wish they’d just let the game start so we can all enjoy it. They build up the big games (wether it’s today’s game or Arsenal v Spurs etc) and more often that not we expect so when there’s only the odd goal we are let down.

Mourinho isn’t an idiot, he knows how to win, so he isn’t going to go out and attack Liverpool. If both managers were like Klopp we might be in for a 4-4 lol 

Edited by Fox92

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yup. I lived in Liverpool for 3 years and all they ever talked about in the build up to the games was the canal, they weren't even bothered about league titles or anything..

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

I have never, ever understood that show. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

He is also out so they have to go fabregas and bakayoko for a few weeks !!

Conte spoke about handing a debut out to some young lad. Dunno if he’ll actually do it though lol