Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Tyler: "On Monday, Leicester v West Brom, which was a terrific game last year."

Eh?

I thought exactly the same thing.

He's just trying to sell the game isn't he.

I mean who the fuck thought it would be a good idea putting that game on TV? If you were a neutral would you really watch Leicester v West Brom, gotta be potentially one of the most boring games in the league.

Two boring teams, got 0-0 written all over it. (....Maybe i'm being too positive :dunno:)

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

I thought exactly the same thing.

He's just trying to sell the game isn't he.

I mean who the fuck thought it would be a good idea putting that game on TV? If you were a neutral would you really watch Leicester v West Brom, gotta be potentially one of the most boring games in the league.

Two boring teams, got 0-0 written all over it. (....Maybe i'm being too positive :dunno:)
Maybe he forgot about last year's abomination (I know I'd like to), and was thinking of the 2-2 in 15/16, which was a decent watch.

I don't think United didn't play well because of a lack of talent. Mourinho clearly reverted back to the guy from last year and set up not to be beat, which I will never understand from teams that spend hundreds of millions on players.

Lukaku must have footballing blue balls after being put through that.

I love that Mourinho has ruffled some feathers. He will probably go on to win yet another league title whilst pissing off people by parking the bus in big away games stinking the place out. 

There's only one way of playing football - the winnibg way.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

I love that Mourinho has ruffled some feathers. He will probably go on to win yet another league title whilst pissing off people by parking the bus in big away games stinking the place out. 

People said this after the same match last season and they didn't get close to winning the league.

Parking the bus doesn't win league titles, winning games does.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Also a way of tapering expectations on their heads if they go into a few games sat back and being satisfied with a draw, you've just got to be sure you can turn it on against anyone outside the top 4 on most days.

Didnt see much hate out there on the pitch today, all very friendly for a derby. Although I thought the ref couldve given out a few more yellows to ManU, was often lenient

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

People said this after the same match last season and they didn't get close to winning the league.

Parking the bus doesn't win league titles, winning games does.

He will win most of his home games and draw away to the big teams and win the league. Like he did wirh Chelsea in 14/15.

12 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Hmm what game to watch at 3pm..  None look interesting 

Palace v Chelsea on the side for me, one team trying to shake off a monkey the other trying to prove theyre still title contenders

Just now, SpazticChicken said:

Palace v Chelsea on the side for me, one team trying to shake off a monkey the other trying to prove theyre still title contenders

Good call actually.. I went for the Man City v Stoke game... stream quality is awesome, cant say the same about the football.. Total yawn fest so far.