Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

SCENES

Another last minute goal for Watford again :appl:

As for Deeney that's why I've always rated him and that's why I wouldn't mind him at Leicester, absolute handful and always gives 100%

Watford have won more points in the last minute of their last three games than we have in the last 20 since we won the title.

I haven't checked that - in fact I've made it up - but I'm 99% sure it's true. The commitment, desire and above all fitness has not been there in the last two seasons not preceded by a Pearson-scripted pre-season.

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

we had to play their first team!!

you could get a result against their reserves .........

They will be smarting though but our away form is good.

We just keep going for 90 odd minutes attacking (mind you not hard against somebody like West Brom when they are sitting on their own 6 yard box) but was expecting Arsenal to really go for it once we scored so pleasing to see us on top.

Swansea was a bit of a smash and grab through a mistake albeit forced due to pressure and Liverpool are Liverpool (not today) but you've always got a chance to score.

Kevin De Bruyne, Jesus Christ. 

A lot is made of Ferguson letting Pogba go but he was probably right to stand his ground and not give in to his demands at that time in his career. 

But whoever at Chelsea marked KDB as surplus to requirements needs shooting. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

A lot is made of Ferguson letting Pogba go but he was probably right to stand his ground and not give in to his demands at that time in his career. 

They lost a lot of decent players during the mourinho era of refusing to play young players.

Having said that a lot of the crazy decisions appear to be made by Emeneko who has fallen out with nearly every manager and is the reason Conte is already planning his escape!

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Man City are on a different level...De Bruyne looks exceptional.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Given his 'highly-rated' tag and how he's doing on-loan, hoping our club nurture Harvey Barnes solidly and we'll potentiality have someone of the same or similar standard of De Bruyne in our hands in a few year's time..

I sounded like Thracian, there, yes..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Given his 'highly-rated' tag and how he's doing on-loan, hoping our club nurture Harvey Barnes solidly and we'll potentiality have someone of the same or similar standard of De Bruyne in our hands in a few year's time..

I sounded like Thracian, there, yes..

I think the fact hes having loan spells in the championship suggests he wont be the next De Bruyne.

• Thanks 1

Murphy doesn't know what simulation is. It's diving. Diving is intentionally falling over. Contact is irrelevant.

It is a contact sport, not every touch equals a foul an you can be fouled and still dive. This is like when he didn't know that handball had to be deliberate.

Get him off the TV please.

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Murphy doesn't know what simulation is. It's diving. Diving is intentionally falling over. Contact is irrelevant.

It is a contact sport, not every touch equals a foul an you can be fouled and still dive. This is like when he didn't know that handball had to be deliberate.

Get him off the TV please.

This is why the phrase "entitled to go down" is stupid. 

It means youve been touched but not fouled. Youre thus entitled to fall over to make it a foul.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

their front four could have been 

hazard, de bruyne, salah 

big rom 

but theyre playing some kid called musonda whilst struggling for goals 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

At which time he'll be played out of position, spend most of his time on the bench, then Rudkin will sell him to Chelsea for a fiver and half a packet of fags.

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Sure the penalty was contentious but Arsenal just didn't turn up once we scored.

Looked so scared when Deeney came on and in the end we were the ones most likely to score and did.

Yes they did miss a few chances then their goal was poor marking on our part.

Chelsea next and after today who knows...

To be honest  mate I expect you to beat them. It's a loss that still really gets to me and is a shining example of why Shakespeare isn't a manager. They were here for the taking and we surrendered. I haven't watched then this season (limited time admittedly) where they look like they're ment to be some footballing force. Look average and beatable every time.

10 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

Chris Wood looks leaner and meaner than he ever did. Scored a goal his forehead too, he preferred his chest here

We both play in blue...but one of us has a major struggle to find 3 teams worse than us this season. :unsure:

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Personal issues between De Bruyne and Courtois meant Chelsea were going to let one go and I think they saw Courtois as a better prospect. Both have turned out to be pretty good!  

Either that or De Bruyne wanted out if they didn’t get rid of Courtois. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

I'm out, so not watching, but just checked the line up, and again a new formation, more changes in key personal and positions for Everton. Honestly think Koeman would be doing better if his team had a clear way of player, a set formation and a core of weekly starters. All this chopping and changing each week can't be good.

28 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm out, so not watching, but just checked the line up, and again a new formation, more changes in key personal and positions for Everton. Honestly think Koeman would be doing better if his team had a clear way of player, a set formation and a core of weekly starters. All this chopping and changing each week can't be good.

You are missing NOTHING. Everton playing shite.. Knocky is having a decent  game though