Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

?

The table means nothing - we're 8 games in - but Liverpool have lost once this season and are two points behind fourth.

Southampton are 12th which is probably around where they'll finish.

Meant more from the fans perspective 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Meant more from the fans perspective 

I agree Koeman given how much Everton have spent but 8 games in is nothing. I'd like to think I'd have longer than eight weeks to prove myself in my job.

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Get bored of Newcastle on the tv. They aren't even good.

But they've arguably been better than other tv picks so far. They’re organised and they’ll give every game a go.

I’m slightly biased, but when the big draw of the weekend resulted in one of the worst games I’ve ever seen for the third consecutive time (liv Man U) I’m perfectly happy to sit down and watch Newcastle again.

Sky do appear to be getting them out the way early doors though. I think it’s probably more down to the way fixtures have fallen though, rare all the promoted teams face each other before November

Edited by AjcW

Guest Col city fan
14 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I agree Koeman given how much Everton have spent but 8 games in is nothing. I'd like to think I'd have longer than eight weeks to prove myself in my job.

I agree

But this is football, where short term craziness rules. 

I have to say I'm surprised. A lot of the Everton fans really dont seem to rate him at all by the sounds of it.

I thought he'd do really well this season tbf

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I agree

But this is football, where short term craziness rules. 

I have to say I'm surprised. A lot of the Everton fans really dont seem to rate him at all by the sounds of it.

I thought he'd do really well this season tbf

It’s one of those where given 2/3 seasons (I know not going to happen) but Koeman would no doubt build a very decent team

short term, spent too much, no cohesion and short of a decent striker

watching highlights on MOTD and I'm really fvcking glad Andy Carroll is finally pulled up on his aggressive elbowing when jumping for headers. Amazing how so many other strikers and players can jump and head the ball without getting your elbow in the jaw of your opponent. Carroll somehow fails at it and rarely gets cautioned for it. 

He's an idiot for doing it so soon after his first booking as well lol 

12 hours ago, AjcW said:

But they've arguably been better than other tv picks so far. They’re organised and they’ll give every game a go.

I’m slightly biased, but when the big draw of the weekend resulted in one of the worst games I’ve ever seen for the third consecutive time (liv Man U) I’m perfectly happy to sit down and watch Newcastle again.

Sky do appear to be getting them out the way early doors though. I think it’s probably more down to the way fixtures have fallen though, rare all the promoted teams face each other before November

Do agree with you, like I don't think they are that bad and as you say organised. I like Rafa too. But as a neutral I don't really like watching them.

Trouble is Sky build up the big games (whether it's United/Liverpool or United/City or Arsenal/Spurs) so much that they're a let down when they finally start actually playing. I remember a time when Arsenal v Spurs would guarantee 7 or 8 goals per game.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I can't believe Everton didn't sign a frontline striker, given how much they were throwing their weight around in the market.

I can't. Sigurdsson/Rooney/Barkley all play the same role. But I suppose it's difficult when you lose a player with Lukaku's ability.