Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

They very likely won't be, and if they did it'd be sad for top-flight English football - considering they've never been relegated from the top league (?), but tempted to put some money on Everton actually going down.

So far, what makes them different and better than the others alongside them at the near-bottom?

I also wouldn't dismiss the possibility of Palace fighting more and surviving, despite their terrible start; they've shown on Saturday that they can actually be up for big games/playing against big teams, and they do have some decent talent (especially more if Benteke (who has done not too bad overall in his career) etc in particular come back and imrpoved from theor earlier dismal showings.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

12 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

They very likely won't be, and if they did it'd be sad for top-flight English football - considering they've never been relegated from the top league (?), but tempted to put some money on Everton actually going down.

So far, what makes them different and better than the others alongside them at the near-bottom?

I also wouldn't dismiss the possibility of Palace fighting more and surviving, despite their terrible start; they've shown on Saturday that they can actually be up for big games/playing against big teams, and they do have some decent talent (especially more if Benteke (who has done not too bad overall in his career) etc in particular come back and imrpoved from theor earlier dismal showings.

I cant see Everton going down at all, but stranger things have happened. As you say, unlikely but probably worth a little punt.

I cant see Palace going down either, even before Chelsea they were not playing badly, just could not score. Watching the highlights, they played some good football on Saturday.

The three to go down for me are; Huddersfield, Brighton & possibly Bournemouth or West Ham.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, the fox said:

think everton will come asking for slimani in jan.

Yeah think that’s quite possible 

As much as we moan it’s absolutely criminal that they sold Lukaku and didn’t sign a recognised striker

Edited by foxfanazer

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I can't. Sigurdsson/Rooney/Barkley all play the same role. But I suppose it's difficult when you lose a player with Lukaku's ability.

The issue is with 80 million they cant buy an 80 million striker. Like leicester if they sold mahrez for 40 there isnt a ready made 40 mil winger leicester could buy.

They can buy someone cheaper and hope he turns into an 80m striker but thats what he would have to do to replace lukaku.

Same sort of thing as suarez at liverpool for a while and bale with spurs. You get the money which goes on lots of players none of which replace what youve lost.

The issue is with 80 million they cant buy an 80 million striker. Like leicester if they sold mahrez for 40 there isnt a ready made 40 mil winger leicester could buy.

They can buy someone cheaper and hope he turns into an 80m striker but thats what he would have to do to replace lukaku.

Same sort of thing as suarez at liverpool for a while and bale with spurs. You get the money which goes on lots of players none of which replace what youve lost.
We don't need a "£40m winger", arguably Gray can do that flair role. We need better than a £40 manager.

3 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:
41 minutes ago, Lestoh1 said:

We don't need a "£40m winger", arguably Gray can do that flair role. We need better than a £40 manager.

Was just illustrating a point that selling an 80m striker doesnt mean you can get a replacement

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:
2 hours ago, Lestoh1 said:

...and a 40p DOF! 

3 hours ago, the fox said:

think everton will come asking for slimani in jan.

I thought the same and tbh i wouldn't let him go. You know 100% selling him to Everton who will play to his strengths he is gonna be a monster.

Without sounding mean i wouldn't say no if they came after Ulloa though. :( 

Sky Sports announcement 

Sat 2 Dec - Chelsea v Newcastle Utd                     

Sun 3 Dec - Bournemouth v Southampton                 

Sun 3 Dec - Man City v West Ham Utd                         

Sat 9 Dec - West Ham Utd v Chelsea                            

Sun 10 Dec - Liverpool v Everton                                       

Sun 10 Dec - Man Utd v Man City                                       

Sat 16 Dec - Leicester City v Crystal Palace                 

Sun 17 Dec - WBA v Man Utd                                               

Sun 17 Dec - Bournemouth v Liverpool                           

Mon 18 Dec - Everton v Swansea                                        

Fri 22 Dec - Arsenal v Liverpool                                      

Sat 23 Dec - Everton v Chelsea                                         

Sat 23 Dec - Leicester City v Man Utd                            

Tue 26 Dec - Spurs v Southampton                                

Tue 26 Dec - Liverpool v Swansea City                             

Wed 27 Dec - Newcastle Utd v Man City                         

Thur 28 Dec - Crystal Palace v Arsenal                             

Or more precisely 

December’s fixture changes:

Newcastle United vs. City
Saturday 9 December
5:30pm kick-off
BT Sport

City vs. Crystal Palace*
Saturday 16 December
12:30pm kick-off
Sky Sports

City vs. Manchester United
Saturday 23 December
7:45pm kick-off
Sky Sports

* This match is subject to change dependent upon Carabao Cup Round 5 participation.