Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I can see why they wouldn’t be, they weren’t good against us and we probably should have won that one really. Bar the free kick they didn’t create much

You mean they didn't create anything bar that. They were awful on Monday and I think they've won something like 3 out of 20, which is good news for football, as they're appalling to watch. 

7 hours ago, Turbogre said:

Renato Sanchez tearing up the league ??

And I got laughed at for saying his was overrated 

6 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

What a fraud. He is absolutely pony lol.

A few of us said it before he’d even kicked a ball in the PL. 

I watched a Bayern pre-season game and he was by far the worst player on the pitch. 

Guest Col city fan
20 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

A few of us said it before he’d even kicked a ball in the PL. 

I watched a Bayern pre-season game and he was by far the worst player on the pitch. 

Didn't he go to Bayern for many, many millions?

:o

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Didn't he go to Bayern for many, many millions?

:o

After a quick Wiki lookup...

They paid €35m and he’d only played 24 times for Benfica. He is only 20, he could become a very good player yet. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TK95 said:

Watching Phil Neville analyse us on MOTD is laughable. He thinks we've played well under CS this season :rolleyes:lol

We have had some good games . Just a limited midfield to choose from. Probably a more reasonable and unbiased opinion than  most on here. If we had nicked a win against wba and were sixth after our hard start people on here would be worshiping  Cs . Just hope we bring in a strong manager to get the players he wants . Not the dof . Decision on shakey was knee jerk and harsh look at the teams below us and statistics . Hay ho we move on and get behind the team and hopefully the manager tooo. ?

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

After a quick Wiki lookup...

They paid €35m and he’d only played 24 times for Benfica. He is only 20, he could become a very good player yet. 

He's probably a multi millionaire already (there's the problem...right there) so his 'big move' has probably seen him sorted for the rest of his days.

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He's probably a multi millionaire already (there's the problem...right there) so his 'big move' has probably seen him sorted for the rest of his days.

I don’t think that has a lot to do with it, he’d have been on a sizeable wage at Benfica, of course at Bayern he’ll be on an even bigger wedge but, M’Bappe for example will also be a millionaire and he’s fúcking brillint despite his ‘big move’. What’s most likely the reason for his average performances is that he’s just not that good.

4 hours ago, waylander said:

We have had some good games . Just a limited midfield to choose from. Probably a more reasonable and unbiased opinion than  most on here. If we had nicked a win against wba and were sixth after our hard start people on here would be worshiping  Cs . Just hope we bring in a strong manager to get the players he wants . Not the dof . Decision on shakey was knee jerk and harsh look at the teams below us and statistics . Hay ho we move on and get behind the team and hopefully the manager tooo. ?

We would be twelfth so I doubt it 

more to do with the way we were playing - not even the least knee jerkery peeps on here would claim it was anything other than poor. 

Edited by st albans fox

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not sure how Garth Crooks is employed each week discussing football with the somewhat rubbish he says.

This week, he said under Benitez- Newcastle are capable of winning the league.

Crooks is one I don't particular like on his views, and that'll take some beating as there's hardly much worse out there's at the moment..

Edit: Just learnt that Shane Long hasn't scored in 26 games..am quite glad we didn't sign him when he was often linked with us.

How can you not have Garth comedy Crooks there,lol he is slowly but surely turning into comedic gold and in future years they may well be interviewing him from a shack in the woods, like some kind of Fast Show/Monty Python style character.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We would be twelfth so I doubt it 

more to do with the way we were playing - not even the least knee jerkery peeps on here would claim it was anything other than poor. 

But we have played well against the better sides. Better Than utd against udderfield a bit of perspective we are and will probably always be a yo yo club . But doing ok at the minute . 

Edited by waylander

16 minutes ago, waylander said:

But we have played well against the better sides. Better Than utd against udderfield a bit of perspective we are and will probably always be a yo yo club . But doing ok at the minute . 

I don’t subscribe to that viewpoint (save for the first hour at Arsenal )