Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

Great penalty under pressure.

Liverpool though lol. WTF was Lovren doing putting his hands in to Calvert-Lewin's back?!

right - neville going off on how horrible the decision was.  I agree it was soft but Lovren opens up the door for the call once he puts his hands on C-L's back.  it's not THAT horrible of a decision.  I've seen worse.  Just don't put your hands on the dude's back and you don't have to worry about it.

11 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Give him a few windows they’ll be stifling games and stealing undeserved points to just about hover in mid table like the best of them.

Did someone mention stealing undeserved points?  lol

• Haha 1

Of course I'm glad we never got Fat Sam, but at the same time, I find it highly insulting that that clown, with his soul destroyingly awful style of football, made a point of saying to the press that he'd "no interest" in our vacancy.

Well Everton, I hope you're happy with the guy. One of the most overrated top-flight managers of the last 20 years. And that's saying something.

Allardyce will always pick up work for clubs who regard Prem survival as the best they can hope for - the palaces, West Broms and West Hams of the league . 

Everton have higher (albeit deluded) aspirations - which means playing decent and ambitious football and y' know entertaining the people who pay to watch . Good luck with that . 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Good result for us. Keeps Southampton 5 points behind us and Arsenal only 6 points ahead. A win on Wednesday makes that 8 points ahead of the Saints - Claude's got to be up for that!

+2 hours:

Good result for us. Keeps Everton 4 points behind us and Liverpool only 7 points ahead.

11 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Of course I'm glad we never got Fat Sam, but at the same time, I find it highly insulting that that clown, with his soul destroyingly awful style of football, made a point of saying to the press that he'd "no interest" in our vacancy.

Well Everton, I hope you're happy with the guy. One of the most overrated top-flight managers of the last 20 years. And that's saying something.

New managers in the league since the start of the season: Hodgson, Puel, Allardyce and Pardew. I imagine Pulis will also end up at somewhere like Swansea soon too. We really did get the pick of the bunch.

• Like 3

Just now, Ted Maul said:

New managers in the league since the start of the season: Hodgson, Puel, Allardyce and Pardew. I imagine Pulis will also end up at somewhere like Swansea soon too. We really did get the pick of the bunch.

Oh absolutely we did. And I'm sure the owners knew that Puel, despite the criticism he got for taking Saints - with worse players than us - to 8th and a tight cup final, was still a more exciting prospect than any of those.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Easy statement to make as we say very little about who we are linked with, thankfully we had "no interest" in him. If we did make enquires he might have been top of the list what he wasn't told was it was page 71 of the list just above Peter Taylor and David Pleat

• Haha 1