Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

5 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

I don’t disagree with you but they are where they are on merit and results. The table doesn’t lie. I don’t like Burnley or Diche but let’s show them a bit more respect eh?

I’m saying they will finish top 8, but I’m not going overboard and saying they will get CL because they will be a) most likely out of those places tomorrow and b) don’t score enough. It is a honest opinion 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

5-Live comparing Burnley to us again :rolleyes:

FFS we are BIGGER than fooking Burnley :@

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Ridiculous we had lost one game at this point and we were top it is nothing alike. Great achievement for Burnley though no doubt, but the comparisons are just stupid lol 

Just now, Fox92 said:

Apparently Burnley’s wage bill is 18k!? 

Fair play to them though, hope they keep it up. Nice to see others clubs around the top 4, just like we experienced for a while.

What a week? lol

That's about £900 p/w each for a squad of 20!

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Fair play to them though, hope they keep it up. Nice to see others clubs around the top 4, just like we experienced for a while.

Come on mate work it out.... £18k per week? Squad of 25...... so you reckon the highest earner there is on £750 per week? Come on they may be little old Burnley......

still, the town is smaller than Nuneaton and they have SHIT fans

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Image result for don't think so gif

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Nah, they have an average player, manager and staff salary of around £29,000.

f7XDwIM.png

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

I think it’s brilliant one of the ‘littler’ teams is disrupting the status quo.

It must be a great time to be a Burnley fan right now, as we should all know. Wish them all the best (bar for the next time we play them and also that they don’t knick 7th place off us!)

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1

Burnley..bloody well done, the better of the claret and blue, and bloody marvellous to see.

LCFC had  avg games, in the title year but squeezed results, keep it up....you bloody northerners..!!!

I never thought a year ago, that this forum from all PL forums,

would get so low as our critics and oppenents  in our PL-title.

Oh yes you lot of co-fans!!  , are earning, easily the spiteful badge of the season....

A right bunch of jealous, unimaginative, cant give another avg club there dues, MISGOGS..

And you lot call yourself football fans...:(

Then come, the self-annointed, ' I am only a foxes fan', the others dont matter...

Without opponents at all levels and quality, we have and are nothing, we cant play with ourselves...though by some show of quite a few of the miserable posters on here

It seems many of you do...!!!

For tonight... COME ON BURNLEY...Keep it up, squeeze those top 6 sides, tonight is your triumph.. Claret a true cabinet...dont lose your bottle...keep it going.

A shame this forum have a bunch of "Carraghers"  in their midst..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

We will always and evermore be the gold standard for an overachieving side in the Premier League.

This stuff was already happening before the trophy was even lifted.

5a305e8606bdf_nextlcfc.JPG.84d9f7266f795804a105d50b20b8f0c1.JPG

Get used to it.

edit:  p.s. I'm enjoying Burnley's results.  More than the football, but the football isn't half bad.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

Congratulations to Burnley Football Club.  Must be an amazing time for the fans at the moment and grabbing the interest of many a neutral.

Seems lots of people like an underdog and in this case the sense that Burnley FC, the small town but past pedigree gives them a down to earth, real feel compared to the £Millions spent by the top dogs full of overseas players and wall to wall press coverage.

Edited by Dirkster the Fox
  • Like 1

I still think we will finish the season ahead of Burnley. It's just a case of where abouts it is in the top 10.

Let them have their moment but it's got to collapse over Christmas. They don't have the quality that we had in 15/16 and they aren't scoring enough goals to maintain their form IMO.

• Like 2

Bloody hell talksport are talking about Burnley like they have finished 4th in the league. They even had a Burnley fan on crying saying how happy he is and that he can’t believe they are 4th. 

They are doing well let’s not ignore that, but this time tomorrow they could be back down to 7th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really really pleased for Burnley. I've met some very sound Burnley fans. But this obsession with top four is pretty one of the worst things about modern football, to the point where simply getting breaking into the hallowed top four is seen as an achievement in itself, even if it's for one week.

1 hour ago, crisp packet said:

Fair play to Burnley. 

Flying ATM.

Credit where credits due .. 

December 12 Burnley are 4th.

Wow .

A lot of fans of other clubs were pleased for us when we won the league and we got a lot of messages of support.

Seems a bit mean spirited then for some of us to now begrudge Burnley when they're having the season of their lives.

I say good luck to them.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, murphy said:

A lot of fans of other clubs were pleased for us when we won the league and we got a lot of messages of support.

Seems a bit mean spirited then for some of us to now begrudge Burnley when they're having the season of their lives.

I say good luck to them.

Very well said.......... I agree

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

So much salt that would be better on the roads. 

Its not directed at Burnley (admittedly not one of my favourite clubs anyway) but rather at their manager who has shown himself to be a very jealous and ungracious bad loser in previous encounters with us. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Its not directed at Burnley (admittedly not one of my favourite clubs anyway) but rather at their manager who has shown himself to be a very jealous and ungracious bad loser in previous encounters with us. 

Big deal. Life's too short.