Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

50 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'd be very happy for Watford or Bournemouth if they were in 4th. Burnley and Dyche can bugger off. At least Howe is not a miserable whiny cvnt with a huge inferiority complex, and Watford are fun to watch. I don't have to like Burnley. I can acknowledge Dyche is doing brilliantly while simultaneously wanting him to fail. Dyche is a PL manager with a tinpot mentality. 

C'mon no matter how much of a cvnt he might be, he's still doing a fantastic job. Happy for them. 

Just imagine Burnley in the CL (very, very doubtful) or in the EL (a real chance) and the Spuds playing for the title next season (lol) after finishing below Burnley.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nnfox said:

Burnley are 4th.  BURNLEY. 

Whilst I love the smaller teams mixing it with the establishment, I can't help but worry about what would happen to our coefficient if they actually qualified for the Champions League. 

This is a dark day for English football. 

What a load of bullshit.

I bet you were singing another song in 2015/16.

Or was it sarcasm? In this case ignore my post.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Dont agree,...I want the Midlands clubs to be the force...just imagine...the Pl in a couple of years

Leicester

Derby

Tottenham (Thrown in for fun bottlers)

Aston.Villa

Notts.county

Wolves

Burnley (Some foxes need a Dyche target)

Man.city (Falling off)

WBA

Peterborough

Northampton  

Coventry

N'forest ( not too high now!!)

Stoke

Birmingham

Soton (cos I like 'em)

Peterborough

Newcastle (good day out)

--------------------------------------------------

Arsenal (about time they went)

Chelsea (Oil cant save them)

Liverpool (death of the 'errrr)

Now that would save a few pennies and regular  hard travelling...

Heck of a jump for Notts! 

I like it :D

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Fvck off. People like you want a closed league where only the likes of Manchester City can get into the Champions League then?

I think that was just a quote that was said about us in 15/16 and he's just having a laugh.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Burnley are not really 4th until the round of fixtures has finished 

glad someone is talking sense. i assumed it was all ironic congratulations like when you play the opening game of the season and go 1-0 up and start singing we’re gonna win the league. they’re 4th, half way through a round of fixtures, less than half way through the season. who the hell cares. 

• Haha 1

Just imagine how good the fighting cock would be if Burnley finished in the top four ahead of Spurs... :whistle:

In all seriousness, it’s great to see different teams are starting to upset the apple cart and long may it continue. It’s nit just finishing 4th, it’s those great eurpoean nights that mean so much.

In that wonderful season 2 years ago I was just getting excited at the prospect of Europa League football let alone winning the title!  G’wan Burnleh, mix it up good and proper.

Edited by Fox in the North

5 hours ago, rn9013 said:

Who do people think will be relegated this season? I think this season is one of the tightest I can remember in this regard, it could really be any 3 from Huddersfield in 12th down for me. 

I personally think at this stage it will be Swansea, Brighton and then either West Brom or Newcastle (depending on what happens in January for both respectively). 

Swansea, Newcastle and another. Possibly West Brom or Stoke.

Dyche showed himself up at our place acting like a right bitch in his technical area - doing nothing but complain for 90 minutes. 

BUT he's done well there with what he's got and despite him - I refuse to belittle their current achievement.

We of all people know what it was like to have everyone giving it 'they'll drop off / they don't have the minerals / they've not played anyone big yet, etc. etc.'

Yes, our situation was different, yes, they probably will drop away but **** coming across all bitter towards Burnley, it looks well small-time - let them enjoy it FFS.

Edited by lifted*fox

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

west brom... pardew is unable to change things.  any one who thinks pardew can succeed rather then pulis is mad

Really poor squad in my opinion, not sure their owners will back them enough in January to succeed.

wba.PNG

I'm very happy to compliment Burnley on an excellent start and very happy to see them ahead of the likes of Arsenal and Spurs.. BUT they are currently a side I would hope we will be competing with if we are ambitious enough therefore will continue to wish defeat upon them every week until we overtake them 

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

glad someone is talking sense. i assumed it was all ironic congratulations like when you play the opening game of the season and go 1-0 up and start singing we’re gonna win the league. they’re 4th, half way through a round of fixtures, less than half way through the season. who the hell cares. 

Listening to talksport last night you would have thought that all 38 games had been played and Burnley had finished 4th in the champions league. 

Danny Kelly even asked if Burnley finishing 4th would be a bigger success than Leicester winning the title.

10 minutes ago, Sammy said:

I'm very happy to compliment Burnley on an excellent start and very happy to see them ahead of the likes of Arsenal and Spurs.. BUT they are currently a side I would hope we will be competing with if we are ambitious enough therefore will continue to wish defeat upon them every week until we overtake them 

They're so jammy I'm surprised their shirt sponsor isn't Hartley's... 

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Huddersfield and Swansea and one of Brighton / West Brom / Newcastle / Bournemouth / Palace.

Would go for Newcastle

Agree with your first two choices to go down.  I'd add Stoke to the stragglers, but with the relegation zone so fluid and half the league within six points of it, a couple of key early signings
could turn the January window into an arms race.  Tens of millions at stake could create quite a market for spare assets.

I don't think Burnley can defy gravity for 38 games.  Their defensive prowess should certainly keep them top half, but they create so few quality chances.

It amuses me that Everton were the ones to bring in Big Sam.  Has there ever been more of a 180-turn in ambition from summer window to November?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nnfox said:

Burnley are 4th.  BURNLEY. 

Whilst I love the smaller teams mixing it with the establishment, I can't help but worry about what would happen to our coefficient if they actually qualified for the Champions League. 

This is a dark day for English football. 

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Fvck off. People like you want a closed league where only the likes of Manchester City can get into the Champions League then?

I feel I need to explain my comment.  Sarcasm doesn't always travel well on the internet, some of you got it but obviously not everyone!

For the record, Burnley mixing it up at the top is brilliant.  I would love them to stay there and win the 4th place trophy and i would be first in line to point and laugh at all the Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool entitled fans who would be complaining that such a small team could gate crash the party.  

I loved it when it was us, but taking my Leicester hat off for a second and looking at it from a neutral's perspective, this type of event is why football is the glorious game it is and long may it last.  

Good luck to them.

Oh and @Fox92, please don't tell me to fvck off again.  I obviously don't want a closed league do I?  I wouldn't be on a Leicester City forum if I did.