Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

24 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I feel I need to explain my comment.  Sarcasm doesn't always travel well on the internet, some of you got it but obviously not everyone!

For the record, Burnley mixing it up at the top is brilliant.  I would love them to stay there and win the 4th place trophy and i would be first in line to point and laugh at all the Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool entitled fans who would be complaining that such a small team could gate crash the party.  

I loved it when it was us, but taking my Leicester hat off for a second and looking at it from a neutral's perspective, this type of event is why football is the glorious game it is and long may it last.  

Good luck to them.

Oh and @Fox92, please don't tell me to fvck off again.  I obviously don't want a closed league do I?  I wouldn't be on a Leicester City forum if I did.

Apologies. I did not understand and jumped in.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

Arse 22 shots but only 3 on target. West Ham 0 on Target lol

Hernandez was very unlucky in hitting the bar in the final few minutes.

Would have changed things quite a bit at their end of the table had it gone in.

On 12/12/2017 at 15:28, AKCJ said:

Quite easy to say in our position.

I hugely doubt that there are many Man City fans wishing they went back to being mediocre.

Can’t argue with you, but personally I prefer supporting an honest club who achieved what they did through togetherness and hard work. 

Each to their own, but if Man City went to pot, how many of their fans would still bother?  

Regarding Burnley - I don't think they will finish top four (or above us for what it's worth) but after the way the media and fans of the big clubs have acted, from those within the game who actively fix a status quo to those who leach onto these clubs for nothing other than them being good, then I'm absolutely for Burnley upsetting the apple cart. Dyche is no saint but fvck the establishment. They're poison. Anything that scuppers them has my backing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Regarding Burnley - I don't think they will finish top four (or above us for what it's worth) but after the way the media and fans of the big clubs have acted, from those within the game who actively fix a status quo to those who leach onto these clubs for nothing other than them being good, then I'm absolutely for Burnley upsetting the apple cart. Dyche is no saint but fvck the establishment. They're poison. Anything that scuppers them has my backing.

Spot on..

I'll back any of the also rans, when they can upset the expected top 6 money clubs..

Burnley, Watford ,ourselves Even an Everton, love to see all four in top 8....

IMO, it doesnt mean the PL has got weaker, but en contraer, the standard of middle-table clubs

has improved, not just from that fighting spirit, but also skill wise, including a fitness level, that

see them, still performing towards the EOS.

The previous 4 mentioned, could all have good FA-cup runs.

Pundits wouldnt like a Burnley vs Leicester  /   Watford vs Everton semi-final...I would !!!

I have a sneaky feeling, that Big Sam at Everton, with Walsh n Shakey riding the wave could

suprise many and see Sam achieve his best  ever  PL year.

Could well re-kindle Barkley's career.Plus old man Rooney, I see having a top season...

Good luck to 'em all. The toffees wll stick in slme pundits teeth..

Where as, Liverpool, who I thought would kick-on, are making the same blunders and having the

wrong team ethic as last season.Klopps wards havent upped their talent to that  higher consistency

level. Unlike some I like Klopp, and I reckon he has a dilemma, he doesnt understand what his younger players

need, to bring out that extra 10% through various parts of the PL season.