Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

It'll be interesting to see how long the positive comments about Burnley last. Two years ago, at this time, plenty of fans were saying how good it was we were doing well, a new name, entertaining games under a popular manager but as soon as it gets serious you get plenty of negativity and bitterness heading your way. 

If Burnley start receiving plenty of shit (worse than they've had on here) they'll be doing very well.

41 minutes ago, Corky said:

It'll be interesting to see how long the positive comments about Burnley last. Two years ago, at this time, plenty of fans were saying how good it was we were doing well, a new name, entertaining games under a popular manager but as soon as it gets serious you get plenty of negativity and bitterness heading your way. 

If Burnley start receiving plenty of shit (worse than they've had on here) they'll be doing very well.

Burnley won't last IMO and will probably revert to type as a mid to lower table side for the rest of the season. 

From what I've seen of them at our place they are well drilled and organised and a threat from set pieces. They have little in the way of real talent and they're riding their luck by nicking games by the odd goal and being solid defensively. When we were riding high two years a go we had some proper talent in that team like Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and Drinkwater in addition to being solid like Burnley are now. They've defied variance so far but that can't last forever and I'm guessing they'll end up on about 50pts this season when they might play with the flip flops on the last 10 games when safety is assured and Europe is out of reach.

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Burnley won't last IMO and will probably revert to type as a mid to lower table side for the rest of the season. 

From what I've seen of them at our place they are well drilled and organised and a threat from set pieces. They have little in the way of real talent and they're riding their luck by nicking games by the odd goal and being solid defensively. When we were riding high two years a go we had some proper talent in that team like Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and Drinkwater in addition to being solid like Burnley are now. They've defied variance so far but that can't last forever and I'm guessing they'll end up on about 50pts this season when they might play with the flip flops on the last 10 games when safety is assured and Europe is out of reach.

They don’t strike me as a team who’d do that, even with little to play for? Dyche doesn’t seem the type to stand for that.

He and the players will be thinking about next season. 

• Like 1

The thing is during the season we massively over performed we had outstanding players, there's no Mahrez in that squad. In fact there's barely any foreigners in that squad. Sean Dyche is probably friends with Paul Golding.

• Haha 1

i see some in the media and that talking up what Burnley are doing, saying Burnley have done it all with less spending etc, 

while i applaud what Burnley are doing atm, they certainly have spent the cash and that,

didnt they spend like £18mil on Woods etc, from our squad who won the league wasnt our most expensive signing Ulloa?

fair play to them with what they are doing, i cant see them finishing in the top 4 but between 7-10 id certainly say so

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest Kopfkino

Palace hadn't scored away since April, we let them have 3.

Huddersfield haven't scored away since opening day, they have two in 20 minutes at Watford.

Football's a funny game sometimes

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Huddersfield haven't scored away since opening day, they have two in 20 minutes at Watford.

Benteke hadn't scored all season. 

First time we lost to a team outside top 6 since Ranieri got sacked.

Records are there to be broken.

11 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

But Watford then changed tactics and went to 3 at the back. 

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

Watford down to 10 men again. This becoming quite the occurrence isn't it!! 

Really hope the Slimani-Deeney swap rumour is fake news..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

So when do we think the Burnley winning goal in their inevitable 1-0 win at Brighton will come? 82nd, 88th or 90th minute?

88th minute. Ashley "the thug" Barnes or Scott Arfield.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

If results stay like this I'd say we've gotten off pretty lightly all things considered. 

It's a softener but I don't really give a **** what other teams have done really, I give a **** what we do/did and nothing will soften or excuse the shit that was served up today by us.

Unforgivable.

The only way it can even slightly be justified is that it's used as a springboard to learn off and give them a kick up the backside.

****ing Crystal Palace. Jeez.