Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Don’t forget to post the best bits ?

Saw this and they actually got a point.

"I don’t view it as a lazy excuse at all. Money is not simply about transfers, it’s about wages, City can afford to pay someone gifted as Bernardo Silva to sit on the bench. Someone like De Bruyne may cost £55 mil and that may be reasonable in today’s market but he’s not coming to a comparatively poor team like us.

Think about it, the arguably two biggest up and coming teams are City and PSG and they are the two oil clubs, unless this is some massive coincidence. if you can afford to buy and pay the wages of the some of the world best players and have a huge indepth squad it’s very hard to stop.

City before money where basically about West Ham level in ability, yes you need guidance but if you spend £200-300 mil net each season on players you have a massive advantage."

• Like 2

Just now, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

I didn’t realise that Man City haven’t yet lost in the league. It’d be cool if they managed an ‘Invincibles’ season and gave Arsenal fans one less thing to cling to. 

You didnt realise they hadnt lost???

4 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Right, I had it in my head that they’d lost at some point. 

Lost once in all competitions. A dead rubber against Shaktar in the CL. Only Everton have taken points off them on the league.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Otamendi, given the Mane incident has a real case for a red card. Kane should've been sent off. Alli should've been sent off. Absolute joke that none were.

Incredible that Kane and Alli didn't get red cards, makes me sick that they get away with this shit so often. Honestly think Alli will only ever get a red card when he actually does break someone's ankle

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

We got lucky with results today but I guess it won’t matter in the end. Mid table sides will get a lot more leeway, I have no evidence to back me up but it’s just the way it is. We will lose to some crap teams and we will beat some top teams and it will all balance out. This is weirdly the nature of a mid table side. Better than losing every week I guess, it’s certainly unchatered territory for us. Embrace it, I presume. 

1 hour ago, Donut said:

I dont think ive seen a manager with such little class as mark hughes.

That includes people like billy davies and neil warnock

Absolutely despicable human being. 

At at least Davies and Warnock have the ability to laugh and make people laugh occasionally.

Hughes is a horrible little creature 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

from the Beeb..."Hughes feels his side are in a downward cycle of unjust decisions against them. "

lol

It's a laugh isn't it!

When you're a victim of something that's unjust, you find out if you're a fighter or if you just give in. Stoke had plenty of time to turn that game around yesterday but, credit to Moyes, West Ham wanted the win more.

Stoke were awful, much like we were yesterday. The difference is we have the fight to bounce back from those kinds of performances. Stoke, meanwhile, are spiralling towards the Championship.

• Like 2

I am entirely unsure how anyone can attempt to defend either Kane or Alli - both 'tackles' were clear red cards, much like Kompany's was against us. Big-name player for big-team bias, perhaps? I think we can all speculate on the potential fate of Vardy if he'd done what Kane did.

16 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

from the Beeb..."Hughes feels his side are in a downward cycle of unjust decisions against them. "

lol

So the referees and their assistants are responsible for 39 goals going in their net before Christmas?

Every team gets rough decisions, it is part of the game. Using it as the main excuse for being crap doesn't wash. Watching the highlights yesterday, West Ham should've scored more than 3. The penalty decision happened in the first 20 minutes, it was hardly the key turning point in injury time of a close match.

Getting sick of managers using referees as the main reason for their team struggling. Just front up and say you aren't doing your job well enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

It's a laugh isn't it!

When you're a victim of something that's unjust, you find out if you're a fighter or if you just give in. Stoke had plenty of time to turn that game around yesterday but, credit to Moyes, West Ham wanted the win more.

Stoke were awful, much like we were yesterday. The difference is we have the fight to bounce back from those kinds of performances. Stoke, meanwhile, are spiralling towards the Championship.

He's 1/3 with some bookies in the sack race, can't stand the bloke myself but he's done well for Stoke generally (3 x 9th and 13th)

1 minute ago, lcfcliam said:

The inconsistency of premier league refereeing is absolutely shocking, how have Kane and Alli both got away with those disgusting tackles yet the same referee sent Vardy off at Stoke last season for nothing! 

He's the same ref that gave a penalty to Everton just a week ago for a push, then gave nothing today when Mangala was shoved in the back.