Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

8 hours ago, Donut said:

Phil Neville talking like a total bonehead on MOTD2.

teams HAVE to play defensively sometimes to try and get a result. Going toe to toe with a team with more technical ability than you is a pretty kamikaze strategy.

Open up youre probably likely just to lose by more. 

To illustrate the point he then said a positive example was blackpool.... who went down anyway.

So their happy go lucky approach achieved absolutely nothing.

Bournemouth picked 2 strikers and 2 wingers today and got absolutely slapped.

Youve got to be pragmatic sometimes and f**k the "entertainment"

Us winning the title on the back of a load of 1-0 wins must have really irked him lol.

Lanzini charged with deceiving a match official.

Also Sky Sports News are debating team of the season so far with several pictures of Spurs...Why? They're not even in the running, even if you doing a squad of players no Spurs players are getting near it. Stop the rimming please!!!

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Lanzini charged with deceiving a match official.

Also Sky Sports News are debating team of the season so far with several pictures of Spurs...Why? They're not even in the running, even if you doing a squad of players no Spurs players are getting near it. Stop the rimming please!!!

Quite hard to pick a team of the year so far as quite a few standout players play in the same position.

If its a calendar year then there would be a few spurs perhaps. Certainly kane

7 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Agreed. He's actually a decent manager. He did well for Wales, Blackburn, Fulham and Stoke, and arguably for Man City when they first became part of the PL mega-rich.

He's had bad runs of form with Stoke before as well and managed to drag them out of it and finish relatively comfortably. I just wonder if this is one bad run too many for him. Their fans will see stagnation and lack of progress, and the threat that maybe this time Hughes can't fix their bad form and they end up going down.

60 odd points out of 180 odd points. 

7 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Agreed. He's actually a decent manager. He did well for Wales, Blackburn, Fulham and Stoke, and arguably for Man City when they first became part of the PL mega-rich.

He's had bad runs of form with Stoke before as well and managed to drag them out of it and finish relatively comfortably. I just wonder if this is one bad run too many for him. Their fans will see stagnation and lack of progress, and the threat that maybe this time Hughes can't fix their bad form and they end up going down.

Well... has he actually improved stoke?

I cant see as any of the more "technical" players he had or now has actually improved stoke in any way.

I metionned them earlier in the thread. The likes of bojan, chupo moting, shaqiri, arnautovic, jese, imbula etc

Theyre not good enough. Theyre not consistent, theyre ineffective but do something once every 5 games that makes you go "oh yeah....hes good"... theyre not good players.

I do see them REGULARLY looking a total shambles when they lose though.

Bournemouth Transfer Business since promotion, just for a little perspective to people who might view them as small or a selling club.

2017/18:

Expenditure: £30m

Income: £0

2016/17:

Expenditure: £36m

Income: £22m (mostly from Matt Ritchie)

2015/2016:

Expenditure: £49.5m

Income: £585k

Total: 

Expenditure: £115.5m

Income: £22.5m

Chances are they could realistically add another £30m plus to this seasons total in January to stay up.

Just to add some context... our net is just £400k more over the same period.... or one 'Riyad Mahrez' lollol 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Corky said:

I'm not saying Eddie Howe gets lots of praise regardless of anything but Martin Tyler commending him for making the one-sided match a "spectacle" was slightly odd.

Martin Tyler is an idiot who doesn't know what he's on about half the time though. Just churns out the same tired lines game after game, shouts a bit and tries to make a big deal out of even the smallest moments in a game.

He practically ruins everything he talks over. Can't stand hearing his voice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

That's easy.

Ederson

Walker

Stones

Otamendi

Delph

De Bruyne

Fernadinho

Silva

Sane

Sterling

Aguero

The scary thing is, that doesnt account for jesus, gundogan, bernardo, yaya toure, mendy, danilo, kompany, mangala

These are all players that would pretty much all walk into the other teams.

How many tests to Spurs have to fail for the media to realize they're not world beaters? I've heard too many stories expecting them to be the "fearless" team to take down Man City. And of course they failed in spectacular fashion again. They come up short in all the big tests. And Kane blanked at the Euros.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

How many tests to Spurs have to fail for the media to realize they're not world beaters? I've heard too many stories expecting them to be the "fearless" team to take down Man City. And of course they failed in spectacular fashion again. They come up short in all the big tests. And Kane blanked at the Euros.

I know alot of people on here like to talk TalkSport down, but I quite like it, I like Durham on Drive (Alot of people dislike him but I agree with alot of what he says ultimately he's a wum but he says it how it is).

I started listening just before Colin Murray quit, liked his show and I did like Jim White when he first took over but over time he's become so far up Spurs and Everton's arse i'm starting to get really pissed off and have actually stopped listening to him as often as I did because of it - I catch the odd bit he says from time to time if i'm driving e.t.c.

Now i've quoted you because I caught abit of Jim White's show on Friday and I think you must have aswell? About the 'fearless' team to take down Man City? He pretty much said that word for word, this morning he still had his tongue firmly up their arses.

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Now i've quoted you because I caught abit of Jim White's show on Friday and I think you must have aswell? About the 'fearless' team to take down Man City? He pretty much said that word for word, this morning he still had his tongue firmly up their arses.

Alysson Rudd said "Fearless" on The Game podcast today and whoever was on 5Live Saturday Evening expressed the same high expectations going in and disappointment coming out. I've listen to very little TalkSport but that there are even more pundits with the same opinion on Spurs just shows how large Spurs Hysteria is.