Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

21 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Can’t wait for the man united game when Jon Moss makes his long awaited return to the KP... god help us

Just looked it up as thought he must have done a game since the West Ham one but no this is First game at the KP since April 2016 

infact in the 55 games he has reffed since then we have only had him twice 

2-0 defeat at Swansea in 16/17 and 1-1 draw at Huddersfield this season 

Is the diving punishment retrospectivelt worth it?

The only time youre going to be banned is if you produce a "dive" so convincing no one knows its a dive. So unless the referee has had a complete mare, how can you tell its a dive? With the niasse and lanzini incidents no one can decide if its a dive or not and the referee gave both.

If a player produces a genuine dive like ndidi he gets booked.

So the player blatantly diving gets less punishment than the one where we cant tell if he genuinely dived or not??

I honestly think we should just scrap this all together and get on with the game.

Its worth taking the risk on a dive. If your dive is poor its yellow. If its great you win a penalty. If its brilliant you win a penalty and no one can tell if its a genuine infringement or not.

The situation as it is makes no sense.

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 13:46, Matt said:

Lanzini charged with deceiving a match official.

Also Sky Sports News are debating team of the season so far with several pictures of Spurs...Why? They're not even in the running, even if you doing a squad of players no Spurs players are getting near it. Stop the rimming please!!!

We All Fecking Hate Spuds lollol

I can't take anymore Pep.

Just listened "The Debate" podcast, where they go live to the King Power to discuss Pep winning again.

Literally not one single word on Leicester.

Pep's team selection.

Pep's tactics.

Look at Pep celebrating with the Pep fans. Look what it means to Pep.

And then Geoff Shreeve's suggests that the other PL managers are not giving enough credit to Pep.

Enough with the Pep.

• Like 1

Rosicky retires, a career thwarted with injuries.

He tweeted that his biggest regret was not winning Euro 2004 with Czech Republic and I'd have to agree with him. They were the best team at that tournament and lost to a silver goal v Greece if I recall correctly.

• Like 4

Guest MarshallForEngland
1 minute ago, Matt said:

Clement sacked.

How dare they sack a young English manager!!

Clearly this demonstrates the delusion of Swansea and their fans, they should know their place. 

7 hours ago, Nalis said:

Rosicky retires, a career thwarted with injuries.

He tweeted that his biggest regret was not winning Euro 2004 with Czech Republic and I'd have to agree with him. They were the best team at that tournament and lost to a silver goal v Greece if I recall correctly.

I loved that Czech team and he was my favourite player for years. 

Swansea relegated themselves though selling Gylfi and Llorente whilst replacing them with players like Bony and Clucas. The players might not have been playing for Clement but it's not going to get any better for them because their squad isn't up to scratch. They've got plenty in the bank but they need a huge overhaul which is a shame as I don't mind Swansea - they've been better value than most bottom half sides since they got promoted in what, 2012? 

We've conceded more goals than them but they've scored 10 in 18 lol

Edited by Wookie

Premier League, BT and Sky are nine days late on announcing television fixtures (they imposed a date of Tuesday 12th December). It's rumoured they were awaiting the League Cup semi-finals before saying anything. Still there's only three matchdays in February - what's to stop the others being announced? 

11 hours ago, Wookie said:

Swansea relegated themselves though selling Gylfi and Llorente whilst replacing them with players like Bony and Clucas. The players might not have been playing for Clement but it's not going to get any better for them because their squad isn't up to scratch. They've got plenty in the bank but they need a huge overhaul which is a shame as I don't mind Swansea - they've been better value than most bottom half sides since they got promoted in what, 2012? 

We've conceded more goals than them but they've scored 10 in 18 lol

I'll give you Gylfi to Clucas but knocking the Bony signing is a bit harsh. 

Let's not forget it was his form at Swansea that got him the move to Manchester in the first place. 

• Like 4

Swansea have been good value and fun to watch for the most part in the last 5 years. I much prefer them than many of the clubs down there. Peak Swansea circa 2013 was a joy to watch.

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll give you Gylfi to Clucas but knocking the Bony signing is a bit harsh. 

Let's not forget it was his form at Swansea that got him the move to Manchester in the first place. 

Have you seen him play since he moved from Swansea to Man City? Awful.