Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Is there any actual rule about goalkeepers, that was soft and looked like Lloris dived! Then not to award Byrnley a peon a minute later, for essentially the same challenge.

its not refereeing mistakes that really piss me off, we all make them in any line of work. The inconsistency, however, is criminal at times.

19 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

Yeah, we're not making Europe next season lads emoji23.png

If both cups are won by top 5/6 clubs, 7th place gives a pass to Europe.

Burnley is on 7th now and overtaking them always was more realistic than Spurs finishing below us.

So it was a good result for us, or am I missing something?

Edited by RussianFox

If both cups are won by top 5/6 clubs, 7th place gives a pass to Europe.
Burnley is on 7th now and overtaking them always was more realistic than Spurs finishing below us.
So it was a good result for us, or am I missing something?
A draw would've been a good result, especially if we don't get even a point tonight.

Mark Hughes is such a pillock. Did that extremely annoying thing of blaming other people for making a scene as his team limps to another shambolic defeat so everything is fine after a fortunate win over a team in the worst form in it's history.

The Loftus-Cheek penalty / dive will be interesting to see if it gets looked at.

Yes the defenders flicks a leg, but he doesn’t take the contact and falls of his own accord. Probably enough in his favour to avoid a retrospective, but that and Deli Ali’s one today should prove interesting testing grounds.

• Like 1

Diving seems like its a new buzz word.

Defenders have to be more cute and not give players a reason to go over. Because every team will try and seek an advantage. Defender lazily left a leg in.

I dont like Alli at all but in fairness he didnt make a "tackle" today it was more of a block. And the pen was one of those, id have wanted it

Actually a serious point though...

This is worse than diving for me. Far worse.

The completely muller someone whilst making it look like an accident tackle.

Charlie Austin today, spurs last week.

There is no way ANY of these are accidents. Passing a ball and miraculously whacking someone full on in the shin, running in on the keeper and flicling your foot in a vague attempt to play the ball smack into someones FACE is NOT an accident.

Should carry a much bigger pinishment than waving an inaginery card, diving for sure.