Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Match of the Day running order

Tottenham v Southampton

Bournemouth v West Ham

Liverpool v Swansea

Manchester United v Burnley

Watford v Leicester

Chelsea v Brighton

Huddersfield v Stoke

West Brom v Everton

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Kane's movement is better than Vardy's and also takes one chance to score. See today, we've lost 2-1 and Vardy missed a one on one. When Kane is running through on goal I expect him to, and he does, score.

I think Kane is greedy and shoots a lot but he is one of the best strikers of the PL era hence his unreal record. He's a proper striker and I like that.

Vardy - 8 goals from 31 shots, 25.8% conversion rate

Kane - 15 goals from 108 shots, 13.9% conversion rate

Why is kanes so much poorer? Because his decision making is absolutely abysmal. 

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Vardy - 8 goals from 31 shots, 25.8% conversion rate

Kane - 15 goals from 108 shots, 13.9% conversion rate

Why is kanes so much poorer? Because his decision making is absolutely abysmal. 

Yeah, like I said, he shoots a hell of a lot. But he's scored 39 goals this year so who can fault him. A striker is there to shoot and score, which Kane does.

I'd imagine Spurs create plenty more chances than we do, giving him the option to shoot more also.

Edited by Fox92

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, like I said, he shoots a hell of a lot. But he's scored 39 goals this year so who can fault him. A striker is there to shoot and score, which Kane does.

I'd imagine Spurs create plenty more chances than we do, giving him the option to shoot more also.

Nah, vardy could shoot a load more, if he shot from any angle and any distance like Kane. Vardys conversion rate is higher because he takes fewer shots, instead waiting for a higher quality of chance. 

If a strikers just there to score, yakubu would be a legend at every club he's played for. Just scoring isn't enough anymore, you need to contribute to more aspects of the team because damn sure the other sides striker will be. If they don't, you're 10v11 in a lot of aspects

Edited by The Doctor

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Liverpool hammered the worst team in the premier league at Anfield, big fvckin deal.

Way too many ex LFC players are in the media. Generally 99% of pundits are made up of ex players from top 5 clubs, so they will generally be a OTT wankfest when one of them does anything half decent.

That decision reminds me of a similar one Madley dicked us over with in a game against Man City? 

Even if the player moves towards the ball it should be offside according to LOTG, but Madley consistently doesn’t seem to see it that way and thought he was clever by allowing the goal assuming Wilson didn’t touch it.

Turns out he was wrong on multiple counts - offside due to moving towards it, offside due to actually touching it and a handball to top it off.

1 hour ago, Mrfox452 said:

Is it just me or is Hugo Lloris seriously overrated?

Id have to say yes. I think for the saves he makes theres always a big error in him.

Bit like gomes. Very solid keeper prone to a howler.

3 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

? Trophies: Zilch

?Medals: F uck all

Have they not done the 2 or 3 year extrapolation values too? Or the possession statistics whilst scoring those goals?

lol on a real note he does bang them in so hats off to him.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
6 hours ago, Donut said:

We used to moan he had a bad loan spell.

Then it was vardys all round contribution vs kanes

Then it was he should play WITH vardy for england

Then it was he shoots too much.

The final dig is dont bring the matchball from your EIGHTH hat trick in a year to a post match interview when youve come off the pitch and are off to the dressing room and call him a mouthbreather for your own comfort.

Lame as F.

Spot on. There are some sad bar stewards around. 

Kane is a phenomenon that we should just respect I guess.

8 hours ago, Donut said:

We used to moan he had a bad loan spell.

Then it was vardys all round contribution vs kanes

Then it was he should play WITH vardy for england

Then it was he shoots too much.

The final dig is dont bring the matchball from your EIGHTH hat trick in a year to a post match interview when youve come off the pitch and are off to the dressing room and call him a mouthbreather for your own comfort.

Lame as F.

My comment was entirely tongue in cheek.

Kane is a class player and I was trying to make satire, reading it back it didn’t seem that way at all, apologies.

Edited by TheUltimateWinner

For those not sated by the Biscuit World Cup.........it's Lemon Wars: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/arsene-wenger-reminds-jose-mourinho-arsenalhave-financial-disadvantage/

"Arsene Wenger has reminded Jose Mourinho that he has spent the last 21 years in English football at a financial disadvantage after the Manchester United manager claimed that his near £300 million spend was “not enough”.

United were named the richest club in the world by Deloitte earlier this year and, under Mourinho, have made the two biggest incoming signings in the history of British football in Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku".

Which is the sourest lemon? You decide! :D