Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

6 points thrown away - we should be challenging for Europe.

We are where we are, because football can never deliver on the "should" factor...

Frustrating, sometimes downright  disappointing...but 8th-10th  going into the New year,

Give me your hand...I'll  bite it off.   How does FIFs  taste in winter...???

36 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

For those not sated by the Biscuit World Cup.........it's Lemon Wars: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/arsene-wenger-reminds-jose-mourinho-arsenalhave-financial-disadvantage/

"Arsene Wenger has reminded Jose Mourinho that he has spent the last 21 years in English football at a financial disadvantage after the Manchester United manager claimed that his near £300 million spend was “not enough”.

United were named the richest club in the world by Deloitte earlier this year and, under Mourinho, have made the two biggest incoming signings in the history of British football in Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku".

Which is the sourest lemon? You decide! :D

Is that a steam train coming? Oh no its Sean Dyche steaming in with his reply about Burnley having fvck all lollol

• Like 1

Another well done and congrats to Burnley, they havent fallen off,

like some spitefull carragher-misgogs of foxestalk-posters would like to see.

I have no leanings towards Burnley or Dyche, but they   play tight and tidy football.

They kept to their manager (Swansea Clement should of done), they are creating their own

little era. They look more dangerous and comfortable in their games, than we do.

They have rebuilt and developed, their progress immensly successful.They are ruffling top teams

feathers, and not giving the others below much chance to play catch-up...

Mr Dyche have a bloody good and happy New Year.....

And fellow posters show some respect, and not run-around posting like spoilt jealous, little brats.

A man bitching, like an old fishermans wife, become churlish and leaves barnacle on the tongue

or typing fingers...

Now lets give and show  Puel some patience and time, hes taken on a program that needs alot of

work. We love the smooth, but we must accept in this 1st period of tenure, some of the rough.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Far better than Kasper.

Oh god yeah theres no denying that but imo he always seems to have a howler in him. And struggles to manage his near post.

Pundits seem to include him in the same band as Courtois and De Gea, but imo he's nowhere near either of them. 

37 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Oh god yeah theres no denying that but imo he always seems to have a howler in him. And struggles to manage his near post.

Pundits seem to include him in the same band as Courtois and De Gea, but imo he's nowhere near either of them. 

I think he was but this year he seems to have tailed off a lot. Still a great shot stopper and better in control of his defenders and area than most though.

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
1 hour ago, spacemunky said:
There's no way Kane ends up in Spain. That would be insane. 

Kane has a lot to gain by leaving The Lane for Spain,

He needs to cash in now before his skills are on the wane,

I reckon Kane's already got one foot on the plane to Spain.

Nice poem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

He wouldn't have to leave to cash in.

He might leave for a greater chance of European success and to become a better footballer.

I think he would.

Spurs are tight as fuck - Not a bad thing, I agree with their principles but it's not the way to keep all their stars and become successful.

It's rumoured several players are unhappy with their pay being miles behind the top clubs and I think it will only take or two for their players to leave and it'll all fall like a house of cards.

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think he would.

Spurs are tight as fuck - Not a bad thing, I agree with their principles but it's not the way to keep all their stars and become successful.

It's rumoured several players are unhappy with their pay being miles behind the top clubs and I think it will only take or two for their players to leave and it'll all fall like a house of cards.

There are other prem clubs ready to splash the cash though.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

There are other prem clubs ready to splash the cash though.

Agreed but you said he wouldn't need to leave to cash in.

Unless you meant he wouldn't have to leave England.

Whilst we're on the subject of Spurs, I don't see Alli getting a big money move any time soon the way he's acted this season - played poor and everyone (apart from referees) can see what he is - a nasty dirty fucker.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
2 hours ago, spacemunky said:
There's no way Kane ends up in Spain. That would be insane. 

Kane has a lot to gain by leaving The Lane for Spain. He needs to cash in now before his skills are on the wane. I reckon Kane's already got one foot on the plane to Spain.

You're insane.

Why wouldn't you leave if you were Kane and the opportunity to move to someone like Madrid or Man City arose? Not like Spurs players will look at Kyle Walker on 3x their salary, about to win plenty of silverware and generally regarded as the best RB in the league and think 'nah, I've got it better off- we're getting a new stadium and Poch is generally regarded as a decent coach'. 

• Like 1

Dunno why people are surprised. Clubs have being stupid fees for ages now. Kyle Walker went for £50mill.

Van Dijk is superb, not worth £75mill at all, but we’re getting closer to £100m in this league.

48 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Van Dijk to Liverpool for £75mil lollollol 

Nailed on flop I reckon.

Confirmed?

I thought I heard/read Man City were gonna hijack this.

If it was a choice, well...he's not gonna win fuck all with the Scousers is he!