Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

I guess carvahal is just at swansea in the hope he might pull off a miracle but theyll assess their options in the summer division dependent.

The position theyre in makes it impossible for a decent manager to commit for any length of time

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Carvalhal leaves a mid-table Championship side that has quite underperformed this season for lowly Swansea in the Premier League...

From his perspective, surely a move up the ladder.

For the fans and media, though...

The fans and media shouldnt really come into it. Certainly not dissenting bonehead fans.

Swanseas options are limited. Carvahal did have wednesday fighting in the playoffs for 2 seasons so has been close to a promotion. 

Unless there was dressing room unrest though theyd have been just as well keeping faith in paul clement.

9 hours ago, Donut said:

The fans and media shouldnt really come into it. Certainly not dissenting bonehead fans.

Swanseas options are limited. Carvahal did have wednesday fighting in the playoffs for 2 seasons so has been close to a promotion. 

Unless there was dressing room unrest though theyd have been just as well keeping faith in paul clement.

Carvalhal certainly doesn't lack confidence:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42508329

"My place is in the Premier League".

11 hours ago, Donut said:

Carvahal's run to the play offs was more luck than judgement. He was totally out thought by Huddersfield in the play offs last season. From a good position they limped into that semi. I doubt many owls were upset at his sacking.

this forum has now become equal to L'vpool, Sunderland, Arsenal, in the spite towards all things outside their own club.

Since the titles, we have become boring, all pretentious-we know better, arrogant spitefull posters.....

Many haven't even noticed.......Shame really, we used to have a balanced and fair weight of opinions, now its seems the

MISGOGS have any heavy sway....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Toss up between him & Mahrez I would say.

I know Zaha is not a striker but Vardy is also better than him. More efficient and more likely to turn up in big games.

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Agree with all that except the first statement.

14 assists in 128 in PL apps. It was an over exaggeration but without checking I’d bet Albrighton has more. Zaha is exciting to watch but he’s always been surrounded by hype. 

Out of the highest transfer fees for a defender, it could be argued well that Kyle Walker is showing the best value-for-money so far.

David Luiz isn't too bad, but still have questions over John Stones' reliability for what he's apparently worth.

_99406649_top_five_defenders.png

26 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Out of the highest transfer fees for a defender, it could be argued well that Kyle Walker is showing the best value-for-money so far.

David Luiz isn't too bad, but still have questions over John Stones' reliability for what he's apparently worth.

I honestly believe if Maguire spent 2 seasons under Pep he would be better than Stones. 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Nah. John Stones was playing superbly until his injury. He’ll play for England for years to come I’d imagine. 

Is Mendy injured, cos Delph has taken his place hasn’t he?

Guest Kopfkino
13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nah. John Stones was playing superbly until his injury. He’ll play for England for years to come I’d imagine. 

Is Mendy injured, cos Delph has taken his place hasn’t he?

Tore his ACL

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Youll get years out of stones so its a pretty good deal to have a quality centre back for 10-12 years barring serious injury for 50 million.

I really like david luiz. Surprised things arent working at chelsea after being excellent last season