Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Be careful what you wish for with VAR. Watch any A League game where it's being used it's a disgrace and has ruined the game.  

In what way has it ruined it out of interest? Has it slowed the game down or is it not being implemented correctly?

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

In what way has it ruined it out of interest? Has it slowed the game down or is it not being implemented correctly?

For me it's involved in far too many decisions, it's making referees on the pitch to reluctant to actually make a tough call.

Games have become stop start and worst of all there is still controversy with terrible decisions players being sent off for tackles when yellows were given on the field and then overturned by the VAR. when they are 50/50 calls.

A quick google of VAR A league will give you coaches, players and supporters frustrated by a lack of consistency, lack of understanding of decsions and bemoaning the slowing down of the game we love.

• Like 2

And yet so many of you are against video and robots taking over the refereeing of the game. The time has come for a technological revolution in football.

And those of you saying that it's the human weakness of refs which make the game interesting need to go watch sunday soccer instead.

The game is too fast ....

And its crazy to have so much cash riding on amature ref performances.  Wenger is right.  Having pro refs hasnt solved anything. ..  they need a mechanism to impact refs if they are poor.  .... we need video refs like cricket and rugby etc.

To increase entrtainment i would force refs to do post match interviews.  I would allow managers to say whatever they like in post match interviews.  The current rules are crazy

Edited by foxinsocks

I think Chambers did control the ball with his arm. The same way Ozil did against us at the Emirates, that led to a goal. IMO afc get a majority of decisions. 

I agree Moss and Dean are terrible refs, but afc fans would have been screaming for a penalty had it been at the other end.

29 minutes ago, FIF said:

And yet so many of you are against video and robots taking over the refereeing of the game. The time has come for a technological revolution in football.

And those of you saying that it's the human weakness of refs which make the game interesting need to go watch sunday soccer instead.

I was with you right to the second from last word. What is this SOCCER please explain?

• Haha 1

Really like Chris Hughton, hope Brighton can pick up a win today. 25pts on the 1st of January with that squad is brilliant.

I hope we get to see Chris manage a group of players with that little bit more quality one day, his teams play good enough football but they’re limited by individual ability. 

If he can get a quality side as organised as he always gets his team he could be a real success higher up the table. 

Edited by AjcW

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

I was with you right to the second from last word. What is this SOCCER please explain?

Soccer is what the English called association football for brevity, in the same way as they called rugby football 'rugger'.

Stoke have Man United away followed by Huddersfield and Watford at home and Bournemouth away then Brighton at home. Some very winnable fixtures there. Interesting to see if they stick or twist giving the new manager time to get ready for the so called easier fixtures or give Hughes the opportunity to turn it round in those games. 

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Be careful what you wish for with VAR. Watch any A League game where it's being used it's a disgrace and has ruined the game.  

I doubt it will be 100% as the system isn't in rugby or cricket if decisions are accepted but doubt they would be if the system is as inconsistent as you say.

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Saw VAR used in German football a few months ago and it was a complete joke. It was pandemonium, as ref, players & coaches didnt know what was going on or when to use VAR.