Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

43 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Southampton aren't going great are they? Didn't realise how poorly they were actually doing.

Look back at our goals against them, they were absolute gash that night:

- Mahrez gets the ball in on the right side centre of pitch, his marker falls over as he's chasing Riyad back into the middle, no-one closes him down as he lines up a shot with his left foot just outside the box

- Set piece, ball goes to our biggest lump in box who chests the ball, turns and plays it across the face of goal to an unmarked King, defenders statuesque

- Defender gives ball away in own half to Mahrez and Shinji skips ahead of an unwary CB

They still haven't won a game since Everton a couple of weeks before that night and before that one it's another month.

Edited by SpazticChicken

Desperate result for Southampton, and their manager doesn't inspire me with any confidence that he'll get them out of it.

I expect a few sackings in the next week.

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The relegation battle is looking crazy this season! 6 points separating 18th and 10th

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The bottom half of the Prem really is garbage this year.

I predict a fine sellers' market for strikers this month ...

MrBurns.JPG

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Who do you think will buy Ulloa? ;):D:P 

Signing up for an Oatcake account right now to post clips of his 2015/16 highlights.

Oh my ... their "Bottom 3" thread is 13 minutes old and has over 50 replies !  lol

Saints players clearly can’t get on board with whatever it is Pellegrino is trying to do. Sometimes it just doesn’t work, doesn’t make him a bad manager.

Bad timing perhaps? Saints luck with the produce and sell system has clearly run out... the youth production line seems to have stuttered too.

6 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It really does look as though a couple of the 'established' sides might go this year. Possibly 3.

Long way to go, but when was the last time all 3 promoted sides stayed up? 

2011/12 season. Swansea, Norwich and QPR all survived after being promoted in 10/11 season from The Championship.

Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves were relegated.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Fair play to Roy Hodgson. Amazing job at Palace. On the brink of the top 10 after their terrible start

I defended him on here. He’s done well at similar size clubs. Let’s not forget he guided Fulham to the Europa League Final.