Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

15 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Well reports say he laughed off cocaine jibes so must have been something about his son to make him react like that! 

According to people on twitter (so take with a pinch of salt) a fan stated he was glad his son died. If thats the case I hope the fan is banned as that's disgusting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

In all seriousness, everyone knows it's goals that get you out of trouble. Now would be a great time to sell Ulloa, he's scored in the Prem before was part of both the great escape and the league winning season. Make him available and start a bidding war, runner up gets Musa.

I was thinking your second place prize was a little harsh. Then im thinking I so hope spuds enter this and come second for once lol

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I was thinking your second place prize was a little harsh. Then im thinking I so hope spuds enter this and come second for once lol

Despite only Spurs and Brighton being in for Ulloa, he ends up at Brighton, Musa goes to Huddersfield and Spurs end up with DJ Campbell.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, M0901 said:

Fair play to Roy Hodgson. Amazing job at Palace. On the brink of the top 10 after their terrible start

Proving again Roy , like big Sam what good club managers they are.

Both have good squads..Both managers know how to use quality rescources at hand.

Roy and Sam, have the qualities to run any top 10 team. Top 4, we'll never know...

Sam, let himself down w ith England, imho shouldnt of lost his job, but it was his chance to blow it, he did!!

Unlike some I dont overrate England. Roy changed the old guard, tried some then good young players,

Who again int.careers ruined through injury.He started to do well, then really lost it, didnt seem to have that

authourity, or wise head for Intern ational tournament.wasnt consequent enough within himself with team

Tactics and formation...That said still a quality club manager and coach...

I am happy and enjoy   seeing  clubs like Everton and Palace, compete for that midtable-top half places.

WBA, Stoke have simply imploded, I like the local derby midlands games, but they are poor when looking at

how they consilidated their PL pedigree in past seasons.I dont think they are so poor, but need rebuilding...the 3 new promoted sides, seem to have more momentum.Burnley are exceptional,

Like it or not..!!!  So that present  bottom 6 are really struggling to grasp onto something..

34 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

According to people on twitter (so take with a pinch of salt) a fan stated he was glad his son died. If thats the case I hope the fan is banned as that's disgusting.

Catching the sick individual involved probably won't be difficult with Livermore being captured at a specific location.

47B5B34000000578-0-Livermore_was_led_dow

Yes, Livermore was wrong in taking a banned substance - but he was dealing with a tragic close family situation and sometimes even the strongest of individuals can struggle with what he's been through or similar.

I know it's a still image of the incident, but the stewards could've been more involved in dealing with it immediately instead of just standing and watching it unfold. Could've been a lot worse situation, for sure.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've just noticed Silva's wearing number 14, was that always the plan or is it a sly little dig? lol 

He's had it in training photos since September. Whether that was the planned squad number before the snafu...

26 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We said that about Kane lol amazing isn’t it 

Not really amazing, only proof that this forum knows nothing and cant see potential...

East midlanders, dont make good scouts  or Managers, just great in snooker halls,

and being grumpy nayos:P

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

Signing up for an Oatcake account right now to post clips of his 2015/16 highlights.

Oh my ... their "Bottom 3" thread is 13 minutes old and has over 50 replies !  lol

And most of them want Pearson as their new manager. Supposedly a realistic target for them. I don't think Pearson would leave Belgium even for us lol

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Another question - what will the team in 18th have as a points total? My feeling is relatively high.

I think teams might need 40 - 41 to stay up. So four wins should do us from now on in, whilst hoping for course we get 16! 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

On 12/31/2017 at 18:31, Matt said:

I said this after the Man Utd game.

Following Clattenburg's comments he's bought the game into disrepute, I questioned referee's decision's before, but I am even more critical and question them even more now.

The annoying thing? Clattenburg's comments were swept under the carpet, almost ignored, if Clatterburg made comments like that about a Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea (I know the game did involve Chelsea - but it didn't affect them - If it affected them the story would be much bigger and much more would have been made of it) game they'd still be being discussed now, they'd be brought up everytime something controverial happened.

I can't believe it didn't cause more shockwaves than it did, I can't believe there hasn't been an enquiry into the comments and enquiry into referees following it.

Me neither. The lack of response to it is quite telling really. I don't think people are even bothered that it could be a fix. Mind boggles.

Those comments totally brought the game into disrepute and yet no-one seems remotely bothered. I don't get it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Doctor said:

He's had it in training photos since September. Whether that was the planned squad number before the snafu...

8 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've just noticed Silva's wearing number 14, was that always the plan or is it a sly little dig? lol 

was not the plan when he signed!

He wanted #23 but that was already taken by Ulloa. 

I think he confirmed recently he had 14 as a nod to the farce.

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Half empty at the Etihad again. 

Mad isn't it. Rain aside if I lived up there i'd go along no matter who I supported to watch them the way they're playing!

I think a lot of the empty seats at the bottom are more to do with people watching from the concourse instead of getting soaked mind lol 

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Half empty at the Etihad again. 

Man City don't deserve Pep and all these world class players. Shame really. If they weren't backed by a country they would be mid table with us at best, if not fighting relegation. Such a mediocre club. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Lingard is unrecognisable from that competition winner we had on loan 5 or so years ago. Would never have seen him getting anywhere

Quite, just like Kane and Keane.

In hindsight, it speaks once more quite highly of our recruitment at the time.

They could probably see the same things that the coaching staffs at United and Spurs respectively have seen all along.

Several players we've had on loan with mixed results have gone on to have a decent career:

Cleverley, van Aanholt, Bruma, Naughton, Mee, Fernandes all still playing top division football.

15 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Another question - what will the team in 18th have as a points total? My feeling is relatively high.

18th will be relatively high but I bet 11th-15th will be the collective lowest ever.

We've won as many as we've lost and I don't feel even slightly concerned we'll drop. We're 3 wins from safety already.