Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

15 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I won't. Anti football and Sky's cringeworthy attempts of making it out to be a derby day between them and us. Their fans are ungrateful as well, Pulis did great with them and Pardew comes in and plays same anti football and doesn't get results but now they wanna get behind the team.

Did you see their form under Pulis? There was only one place they were heading. Pardew doing crap doesn't mean getting rid of Pulis was wrong.

We should know this as well as anyone.

• Like 1

loooooooool

Such a light pen. Technically there's a flick up onto his boot but its not enough to hurt him or bring him down, I suppose it does inhibit his control of the ball but it seems like a ridiculous thing to give a pen for. Whatevs anyway, drama drama lol

2 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

loooooooool

Such a light pen. Technically there's a flick up onto his boot but its not enough to hurt him or bring him down, I suppose it does inhibit his control of the ball but it seems like a ridiculous thing to give a pen for. Whatevs anyway, drama drama lol

Would it have been a ridiculous foul outside the area too? Don't try and make out like it has to be any worse of a foul inside the area for it to be a penalty. If Bellerin is stupid enough to make that challenge he'll get what he deserves.

If that had been against Mahrez we'd have screamed for it.

Edited by Footballwipe

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Would it have been a ridiculous foul outside the area too? Don't try and make out like it has to be any worse of a foul inside the area for it to be a penalty. If Bellerin is stupid enough to make that challenge he'll get what he deserves.

I'm not claiming it should be any different outside the box, don't put words in my mouth.

They've both flicked their feet up to compete for a bouncing ball, one player gets there a millisecond later, a microsecond later and Hazards in a heap clutching his shin. It's just a ridiculous spectacle really

So many soft penalties over the last few years. Really feels like it's a massive flaw in the game now.

For me the penalty box is a pretty big area and a foul (or not, as is increasingly the case) in the penalty area more often than not isn't actually stopping a goalscoring opportunity. Prime example being tonight. Hazard had all the work to do still but because he was touched, he has the opportunity to go down and all of a sudden your team has a free shot from 12 yards. It's no surprise players dive, or make the most of contact that does occur. You can call it cheating all you like but the rules in their current form are there to be exploited. Hazard went down tonight and got a pen, Chelsea score. Ayew stayed on his feet last night after contact from Lloris and lost possession. It's almost stupid of a player to stay on their feet in most situations.

This may sound a little out there but for me a penalty should only be given when the foul committed puts a stop to a clear goalscoring opportunity. In the event of a foul in the penalty area when the player didn't have a clear shot at goal, the team would win something different. Unsure what. Indirect freekick, perhaps.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

The Commentary on this game is disgusting. They should be absolutely castigating these players for diving and saying that it’s ruined an otherwise good match - not excusing it by saying there is contact and defenders are to blame for making challenges.

Televised football is becoming unwatchable, the blatant bias towards the most ‘marketable’ players is making a mockery of it.

Sky Sports could stop diving overnight if they made a big deal out of it to pressurize the FA and the Premier League but they sweep it under the carpet because they can’t be seen to be criticising their ‘product’.

8 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

It’s a blatant dive whether in it’s in the box, on the halfway line or in the concourse.

If someone made that challenge at the park and you went down like that they’d scalp you.

20 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Great decision, if only because I want to see Wenger’s head rotate then move rapidly from side to side before exploding.

lol

Wenger will be the first to admit Wilshere should've been sent off with a second yellow for diving....

15 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

If someone made that challenge at the park and you went down like that they’d scalp you.

True that, Fam.

At the end of the day that was a two point dive.  Don't think I'll cue AFTV up tonight.

Maybe Chelski will buy Slim to give "Finishing School" to Morata.  Three breakaways wasted !

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 1