Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

7 minutes ago, Podgeyrogers said:

They will just glide into action in the next 4 games, it will be a massacre for some this year.

The only thing putting me off them is that they started like this last year, but they do look really good.

Having watched that game I'm not worried about next week. I expect a 3-1 win.

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, Podgeyrogers said:

They will just glide into action in the next 4 games, it will be a massacre for some this year.

It's hardly surprising and I think you're right.

Look at their bloody squad, it's ridiculous. It's like cheating at FM.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The only thing putting me off them is that they started like this last year, but they do look really good.

Having watched that game I'm not worried about next week. I expect a 3-1 win.

Not sure we have enough Plan B to get past 8 defenders but I will hope Chris Hughton opens up against us to allow the opportunities. We will score loads this year in the hope we outscore the opposition, it will be our only hope because we don't invite pressure too well over 90 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It's hardly surprising and I think you're right.

Look at their bloody squad, it's ridiculous. It's like cheating at FM.

It is geopolitics in a footballing form - got the money, do what you like, stuff the consequences.

Man City and Arsenal will score for fun this year. Man City will break all sorts of records. And Man City will have goalscorers throughout the team, so if Jesus doesn't walk it, the midfield will romp in with De Bruyne getting at least 16.

Edited by Podgeyrogers

9 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Burnley are insufferable 

Luckiest side in the league. So many shit home wins last year - they were comfortably one of the worst 3 sides last season and have started this year by playing 9 men as a courtesy of two pretty harsh red cards.

Cahill's studs are up but he's not out of control. The Fabregas red card was ridiculous. I'd be furious if I were a Chelsea fan.

53 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Luckiest side in the league. So many shit home wins last year - they were comfortably one of the worst 3 sides last season and have started this year by playing 9 men as a courtesy of two pretty harsh red cards.

Cahill's studs are up but he's not out of control. The Fabregas red card was ridiculous. I'd be furious if I were a Chelsea fan.

What was wrong with the Fabregas red card?

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Well done to Huddersfield but those celebrations at the end lol You'd think they'd just won the FA cup.

Don’t think it’s a celebration mate it’s that thing they do in Germany after every game, a tradition I guess Wagner has brought in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Don’t think it’s a celebration mate it’s that thing they do in Germany after every game, a tradition I guess Wagner has brought in. 

Klopp did it after Liverpool got a draw against West Brom at Anfield and was slated for it I remember!

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jurgen-klopp-reveals-why-liverpool-celebrated-west-brom-draw-on-anfield-pitch-a3136316.html

3 hours ago, ttfn said:

Not sure the league table agrees with your opinion on Burnley last year and likewise neither do I. I don't like them but I think you're being quite unfair. Say what you like about gravel man and his moaning but he gets them fairly well organised and they work for each other. If anyone knows the value of those two things it should be us.

I think both sending offs are completely understandable. Cahill didn't even argue with the ref because he knew it was a dangerous tackle. Fabregas got sent off for being a sarcastic twat and a late tackle which I think is 50/50 on getting a booking depending on context and who the ref is. Frustrating for Chelsea when they looked like coming back yes, but ridiculous no. Not in the slightest.

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 1

The Chelsea melt was kinda funny. It is hard to be the champions these days. Pawson can be a tool at times, but Chelsea's red cards seemed pretty fair to me; you just do not go studs in and the refs already hit down on this last season.

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

Ah fair enough then - good knowledge. Thought it was a bit odd after one win lol

• Like 1