Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Can't imagine how frustrating that last 5 minutes would have been as a Man City fan- Everton probably wasted 5 minutes of time before you even take normal stoppages into the equation, and then your team waste precious time dicking about with the ball outside the box.

Man City fans conspiracy theories in full effect. Everyone is against them, FA,  UEFA, refs, media, other clubs, ISIS, North Korea, Trump, all want Man City to fail.

48 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

That, by Schneiderlin, is a disgrace.

The ball hit his elbow and he was injured?

:blink:

So many of them were taking the piss- Calvert-Lewin, Otamendi, Schneiderlin, Aguero.

Just now, Vacamion said:

By the end, Bobby M had made a rod for his own back. The crowd and the players were going crackers at every little transgression.

Ref lost control of the game.

You'd think he would be used to it by now. 

47 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

By the end, Bobby M had made a rod for his own back. The crowd and the players were going crackers at every little transgression.

Ref lost control of the game.

Was anyone booked for dissent?

He had about 10 players around him for most incidents - no wonder he lost control and let the teams influence him.
Edited by Super_horns

9 hours ago, Wookie said:

I like Pep, people here want him to fail but I think he's a right character 

I think most want him to fail because he is spending so much money. I think his teams always try to play fantastic football which is to be admired. But whereas with Barcelona many players were home grown at Man City they just get the chequebook out. It's awesome we got Ihenacho from them but I think getting rid of a highly promising young talent to buy other players is not the right way to do things. If they are successful it won't be a special achievement. 

As much as I dislike Spurs, their way of building a team is to be admired. Although in their case I feel like they should have purchased one marquee player to put them over the top. Imagine if their current team had Bale and Modric in it as an example. 

56 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think most want him to fail because he is spending so much money. I think his teams always try to play fantastic football which is to be admired. But whereas with Barcelona many players were home grown at Man City they just get the chequebook out. It's awesome we got Ihenacho from them but I think getting rid of a highly promising young talent to buy other players is not the right way to do things. If they are successful it won't be a special achievement. 

As much as I dislike Spurs, their way of building a team is to be admired. Although in their case I feel like they should have purchased one marquee player to put them over the top. Imagine if their current team had Bale and Modric in it as an example. 

It's not a money thing with me, purely it's the 'he's the best coach in the world' but he's only ever coached the best teams in the world (until now)... 

I dislike hyperbole. I'm British and like success to be knocked down... Plus he's a sulky bloke!

• Like 1

Yet another Bobby Madley game descends into chaos. Always thought he liked Man City after denying us pens there. Both sets of players didn't help with their behaviour but whatever the assessment system is surely, surely, he'll be called in to explain why tens of thousands of people bought tickets to a football match but got a farce instead, of course he won't but surely he'll....be given another premier league game to **** up next weekend.

He seems to be on a fast track to the top regardless of his ability or progress. At this rate they'll be sending him to the world cup next year as our representative :o

11 hours ago, Wookie said:

I like Pep, people here want him to fail but I think he's a right character 

I don't want Pep to fail but I do fear that his stubbornness might cost him a league title/ CL win in his time at City. Stones and Otamendi aren't title winning players. The rest of their football is brilliant.

1 minute ago, Turbogre said:

No, just no.

I actually changed my mind after seeing it again.

Though he still does look at him, no intent for the ball at all, which is stupid especially given he's already booked.