Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

King Power Stadium Pitch/Grounds Staff

just a massive shout-out to them for their constant attention to the pitch and keeping it to such a high standard all year round.

The patterns over the last few years have been superb. Time and time again they excel themselves and just produce stunning pieces of work.

The latest effort...

https://twitter.com/lcfchelp/status/862301889484005378

C_eC-nvXgAAbaVr.jpg

Surely we have the best staff in this department in the country?! Or the world?

1 minute ago, Darkon84 said:

I've not heard that! What's all that about then?

The commentators were talking about during the Watford game, claiming that our diagonal  patterns were stopping the linesmen from seeing offsides, and one of the reasons next season it will need to be straight lines is to help them judge offsides.

1 minute ago, Darkon84 said:

They are stopping any pitches having anything other than vertical lines next season as apparently diagonal lines on the pitch make referees not be able to do their job

2 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

I was watching 'ref watch' on sky sports news and they had our game against Watford on the screen and dermot gallagher said pitch designs are horrible and don't help the linesman in anyway and was looking forward to next season when they are banned  

I do agree about the use of diagonal lines. It isn't easy judging offsides and with it being such an important decision the officials should be given all the help they can get. Horizontal lines give the linesmen a yardstick to judge the play against.

3 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

They are stopping any pitches having anything other than vertical lines next season as apparently diagonal lines on the pitch make referees not be able to do their job

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

I was watching 'ref watch' on sky sports news and they had our game against Watford on the screen and dermot gallagher said pitch designs are horrible and don't help the linesman in anyway and was looking forward to next season when they are banned 

Bloody killjoys. That's absolute horseshit. If a linesman can't look across a line and make a decision, and needs lines on the pitch to do his job, then he's in the wrong job. I mean, what do they do if the players aren't actually on a line when they need to make a call? That's right, they have to make a decision themselves, and they should be able to regardless of pitch designs. Bastards.

Archived