Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

King Power Stadium Pitch/Grounds Staff

Bloody killjoys. That's absolute horseshit. If a linesman can't look across a line and make a decision, and needs lines on the pitch to do his job, then he's in the wrong job. I mean, what do they do if the players aren't actually on a line when they need to make a call? That's right, they have to make a decision themselves, and they should be able to regardless of pitch designs. Bastards.

Most of these referees in the premier league couldn't do their job properly if the lines were straight curved or they were up on a moving platform above the game,they'd still mess things up !!

But these guys who have performed miracles on our pitch at times it's just genius,makes you think how the hell they have mown such amazing designs in the pitch and the crest is awesome !![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/10/2017 at 15:05, the fox said:

Underappreciated, I think they are the best and most creative pitch staff in the league and probably one of the best in the world.  

The pitch always in mint condition. Well done :schmike:

On 5/10/2017 at 15:07, the fox said:

If anyone from the staff is lurking in this forum I just wanna say, thank you?

Don't know about club staff, but apparently journalists have been lurking in this forum...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/11/leicester-city-groundsmen-cut-spectacular-club-badge-king-power/

"Underappreciated, I think they are the best and most creative pitch staff in the league and probably one of the best in the world," wrote another fan.

Congratulations the fox, you've made the news :Plol

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Don't know about club staff, but apparently journalists have been lurking in this forum...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/11/leicester-city-groundsmen-cut-spectacular-club-badge-king-power/

"Underappreciated, I think they are the best and most creative pitch staff in the league and probably one of the best in the world," wrote another fan.

Congratulations the fox, you've made the news :Plol

Thanks for telling me, brucey!lol

But hey! I'm famous now, so you can address me as Mr the foxlol

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Thanks for telling me, brucey!lol

But hey! I'm famous now, so you can address me as Mr the foxlol

..and you've now been officially called a Leicester fan by a national newspaper, so you can show that to certain people on here :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, brucey said:

..and you've now been officially called a Leicester fan by a national newspaper, so you can show that to certain people on here :ph34r:

To all the haters that told me I was a fanboy, a Bandwagoner, a fairweather fan (you know who you are), this is for you!!!

H7jYZzx.gif.09ec7b8229cb0066d56bdea8c81a7b00.gif

LCFC Grounds Team Highly Commended By Premier League

Posted: Fri 12 May 2017 
Author: Leicester City

image: http://www.lcfc.com/cms_images/groundsteam-4-3280-3713843_613x460.jpg

Leicester City's Grounds Team

Image by: Plumb Images

Leicester City’s grounds team have once again been commended by the Premier League for King Power Stadium’s outstanding quality of pitch.

The pitch is marked out of 10 during every league game by match officials and Premier League delegates, with the overall score placed into a league table. 

Leicester City were ranked amongst the top five teams, who are all judged by the STRI group – an organisation that are experts in enhancing playing surfaces – based upon characteristics including the amount of games played on the pitch and the severity of weather it has endured. 

King Power Stadium Grounds Manager John Ledwidge said: “For our grounds team, our main target is to be consistent and they’ve delivered that. I’m very proud of what we’ve achieved over the last couple of years because we’ve been in and around the best teams in the country. 

“We’re focused on delivering high standards year on year and we’re doing that. We’d obviously have liked to win the award, but it’s quite a mean feat being in that top five because every pitch is so good at this level. You really have to stand out to come as highly as we have. 

“It really has been a team effort from everyone within our grounds team and there’s a lot more to our job than people often realise, so we’re trying to not only represent the Club but also the industry in a good light too. 

image: http://www.lcfc.com/cms_images/kps-pitch-4-3280-3713842.jpg

“We pride ourselves on trying to change perceptions of people outside the industry and we do that by using the platform of the Premier League, which is seen by millions across the world.” 

While pipped by Manchester United to the award, John says the Club’s grounds team can take plenty of credit for being scored amongst the top five teams in the country. 

“It’s important to us to be in that top five every year,” he added. “We want to be in amongst the clubs like Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City. 

“It’s nice to be up there with them and if we win the award one year, we’ll obviously be over the moon, but I think it’s an achievement in itself if we’re in that top five each year. 

“Anything that gives you recognition is great, but ultimately we’re here to provide the players with a playing surface of the highest standard, as well as ones they train on at Belvoir Drive.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/lcfc-grounds-team-highly-commended-by-premier-league-3713835.aspx#Gq5gLiB4PJFVrW0f.99

• 2 weeks later...

If the playing staff had upped their game this season like the ground staff, we would be lifting that trophy again! 

i believe the rules change next season so that only straight lines across the pitch are permitted. So this really is the ground staff's last hurrah! 

Shame we can't just have the logo in the middle from next season or can we as the machine bought for such brilliant designs will no just sit and collect dust and cobwebs?

The Kiljoys on the Premier League need to sort out other problems with their officials other than blame well worked out planned pieces of excellence on the ground staffs behalf !

Its the 21st century PL come int it bring in Video evidence that will help instead of blaming a few enhanced intricate designs for the awful officials you employ  !!

Just now, justfoxes said:

Shame we can't just have the logo in the middle from next season or can we as the machine bought for such brilliant designs will no just sit and collect dust and cobwebs?

The Kiljoys on the Premier League need to sort out other problems with their officials other than blame well worked out planned pieces of excellence on the ground staffs behalf !

Its the 21st century PL come int it bring in Video evidence that might help instead of blaming a few enhanced intricate designs for the awful officials you employ  !!

we didn't buy the machine. think it was used for experimentation and training purposes. 

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Just sensational.  

lol That's just one MASSIVE "F*** You" to next year's stupid grass rules!!! 

Its awesome! 

On 12/05/2017 at 11:06, davieG said:

LCFC Grounds Team Highly Commended By Premier League

Posted: Fri 12 May 2017 
Author: Leicester City

image: http://www.lcfc.com/cms_images/groundsteam-4-3280-3713843_613x460.jpg

Leicester City's Grounds Team

Image by: Plumb Images

Leicester City’s grounds team have once again been commended by the Premier League for King Power Stadium’s outstanding quality of pitch.

The pitch is marked out of 10 during every league game by match officials and Premier League delegates, with the overall score placed into a league table. 

Leicester City were ranked amongst the top five teams, who are all judged by the STRI group – an organisation that are experts in enhancing playing surfaces – based upon characteristics including the amount of games played on the pitch and the severity of weather it has endured. 

King Power Stadium Grounds Manager John Ledwidge said: “For our grounds team, our main target is to be consistent and they’ve delivered that. I’m very proud of what we’ve achieved over the last couple of years because we’ve been in and around the best teams in the country. 

“We’re focused on delivering high standards year on year and we’re doing that. We’d obviously have liked to win the award, but it’s quite a mean feat being in that top five because every pitch is so good at this level. You really have to stand out to come as highly as we have. 

“It really has been a team effort from everyone within our grounds team and there’s a lot more to our job than people often realise, so we’re trying to not only represent the Club but also the industry in a good light too. 

image: http://www.lcfc.com/cms_images/kps-pitch-4-3280-3713842.jpg

“We pride ourselves on trying to change perceptions of people outside the industry and we do that by using the platform of the Premier League, which is seen by millions across the world.” 

While pipped by Manchester United to the award, John says the Club’s grounds team can take plenty of credit for being scored amongst the top five teams in the country. 

“It’s important to us to be in that top five every year,” he added. “We want to be in amongst the clubs like Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City. 

“It’s nice to be up there with them and if we win the award one year, we’ll obviously be over the moon, but I think it’s an achievement in itself if we’re in that top five each year. 

“Anything that gives you recognition is great, but ultimately we’re here to provide the players with a playing surface of the highest standard, as well as ones they train on at Belvoir Drive.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/lcfc-grounds-team-highly-commended-by-premier-league-3713835.aspx#Gq5gLiB4PJFVrW0f.99

Saw this the other day, and I'm not just looking at this through blue tinted specs, but how have Man Utd won the award and not Leicester?!? lol 

The top 5 clubs all got a mark of 10/10 for their pitch in every home game I think, so then you have to look for something that makes someone stand out, and surely our designs do that. It's a joke they've not won it.

30 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Saw this the other day, and I'm not just looking at this through blue tinted specs, but how have Man Utd won the award and not Leicester?!? lol 

The top 5 clubs all got a mark of 10/10 for their pitch in every home game I think, so then you have to look for something that makes someone stand out, and surely our designs do that. It's a joke they've not won it.

I think that it is based on which club has the most durable playing surface rather than which one looks the prettiest. Such a shame that patterns won't be allowed next season, the groundsmen might move to Spain.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Maybe it's because Manchester (Salford) has worse weather than us, therefore it is a more impressive achievement?

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

New blue carpet/astroturf being laid around the pitch today, not sure if it's just a big advert!

I bet they have not waited in day for Carpet Land to turn up and deliver?

Archived