Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Tekken 7

Anyone picked this up? Loving it at the moment but they have completely butchered the arcade mode. And the story mode is unbelievably frustrating.

Mechanically though it is absolutely perfect, picked it up for 30 quid and haven't put it down

1 hour ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Anyone picked this up? Loving it at the moment but they have completely butchered the arcade mode. And the story mode is unbelievably frustrating.

Mechanically though it is absolutely perfect, picked it up for 30 quid and haven't put it down

To be honest it's no improvement over Tekken 6 and Tag Tournament 2. Bandai Namco left out some characters from the previous games, even a Tekken veteran in the name of Lei Wulong! And the new characters are nothing to write home about either. I don't like the fact that they included someone from Street Fighter who handles like dogshit, someone who actually has a major role in the game's story.

Five stages on Arcade mode is criminal, there was double the amount in the PS1 games. Story mode is bland as I mentioned in another thread, I really hate the narrator's voice. Doesn't fit in at all with the genre of the game.

And I don't know if you've tried the online mode, it's very difficult to get player and ranked matches because you keep losing connection. But the tournaments work fine though.

8 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

i bought it off amazon, played it, hated it, traded it in at CEX and got loads more stuff instead. 

awful awful awful game. 

Can i ask what you hated? As a long term Tekken fan it is just more of the same tbh. I could see if you were new to the series that it might be daunting

On 05/06/2017 at 09:55, ramboacdc said:

i bought it off amazon, played it, sucked at it, hated it, traded it in at CEX  and got loads more stuff instead. 

awful awful awful game. 

Usually what those type of assessments mean 

22 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Usually what those type of assessments mean 

haha i will answer both posts. 

16 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Can i ask what you hated? As a long term Tekken fan it is just more of the same tbh. I could see if you were new to the series that it might be daunting

I have played most of them since 2 to be honest. Im not saying im up there with the best at all, by no stretch of the imagination but i just couldn't get on with it. couldn't match a game online, could beat everyone apart from that bloody heihatchi in the story mode and just boring story followed by small 2 minute of fighting. it made metal gears cut scenes look short. 

Archived