Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

18 minutes ago, the fox said:

fellas, i think he's as good as gone. many bein sports arabic reporters and even commentators are saying so. can't imagine those respected pros to be lying. 

Like in August? He was signed to Chelsea according to Bein Sports. 

He ain’t going anywhere this window. 

• Like 1

Laid into him still being here at the end of the window with Paddy Power...

Therefore probably guarantees he'll be gone by the Chelsea game!

The market has changed again since the summer and therefore the owners have to play even harder ball than usual.  Mahrez is just too important to us at this time...

12 hours ago, ttfn said:

Genius playmaker in red hot form, former PFA Player of the Year, not cup tied for Europe. We should be demanding £100m for Mahrez in this window.

The £50m we were asking for in the summer is yesterday's news. This was off the back of a season in which he hadn't really performed and there was a little bit of doubt around that maybe he'd not ever get close to the 15/16 heights again. It was also before the most likely suitor received an absolutely ridiculous transfer fee for a player who hasn't achieved half of what Mahrez has (whilst by-and-large playing with much better players) and then spent £75m on a centre back.

you’re forgetting his new hair, too 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

fellas, i think he's as good as gone. many bein sports arabic reporters and even commentators are saying so. can't imagine those respected pros to be lying. 

Nobody says they're lying, but they don't seem to be well-informed. Also, they all belong to the same news organization, so there's some bias in play.

Whether he's going or not, we won't accept 55 million Euro.

So, we'll have to play the waiting game for a bit longer still...

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

I’m pretty sure i saw somehwere Marez’s goal/assist ratio was slightly higher than Countinho’s 

On the fence as to who is the better player but if Coutinho can fetch 145m+ then so can Mahrez  

Steady on. I think the difference is the year in year out consistency. I’d say Mahrez is the more skilful at taking on his man but Coutinho probably has the better overall technique 

Mahrez performed funnily enough last year when the rest of the team did; in the champions league, and has performed well so far this season. Suggests he'll play well for a team where he's surrounded by quality players, like himself.

People may laugh, but I'm gonna say hes a better player than Coutinho, I wouldn't sell him for anything less than the Coutinho fee.

• Like 1

Football is a business. Period. 
Riyad Mahrez will be sold if the club thinks the offer is sufficient. It isn't a case of keeping him because we want to or can if Riyad wants to go, he will go.
I think he is probably the best player we will see in Leicester for at least the next 10 years but as alluded to, he is nearing 27 and will be gone because he wants a shot at a big European club.
Whether there is enough of a need for a big club to shell out for him at this stage of the season remains to be seen though.

he wanted to go last 2 summers but still here, thats an outdated view, players wanting to go is no longer enough to force a move unless a clause exists.

but yeah if the offer is silly like 100+ mill he may go

problem with RM is he will have offers on the table this month to take his salary up to at least 150k/week. no way can we match that.  whilst we can refuse to sell, we cant retain a player who has already stated a desire to leave unless we are prepared to up his money significantly to get close to offers he has  - and we aren't going to be able to do that and make him so far away from our other top players. basically, I think its up to him. if he wants to move this month then I think he will. he may decide to wait until the summer and get a bigger salary as we would accept a lower fee in the summer than in January so he can ask for the difference from his new club in a chunky s/o fee or additional weekly wage.

im confused why would we need to up his wages to keep him? he is already under contract and tied down.

I think Mahrez himself is still shocked with last summer lack of serious offers. I agree with you, he is one of the best wingers in Europe, probably the best PL player outside top 6, but still underrated and not sure he will be one of the most sought-after players next summer.

there was other offers just only roma offer got leaked

I don't think we will get £100m and if he goes I'd sooner he went in the first half of the window so we could at least try and bring in a replacement. I think £50-75m is more likely and is reasonable in this market. Bear in mind Coutinho has been consistently a top player for 4 seasons now.

he has scored and assisted more since 2015 than both hazard and coutinho and you think 50m is reasonable when coutinho going for 150mill?

So Coutinho has gone for about £145 million. 
So how much is Mharez worth in this current market? 
Is Mharez as good as Coutinho (145M) no he isn’t. 
Is he worth/talented as half as much? (£72M) no he’s worth more and more talented than that. 
Hes probably 2/3 (£90 odd million) as good as Coutinho. 
Will we get that that for him? I don’t think so. 
Why?................probably because he plays for lcfc and not Man City or someone 
if he goes in this window £70 million is probably the figure we will get 

actually he is as good he has more assists and goals since 2015 in a team with worser players around him.

14 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

he isnt replaceable they seriously under estimate how special he is

Without mahrez we struggle to create, we are very ordinary.

We could buy a cheap prospect to replace him, and hope it works, or buy a very expensive replacement, but as we know that doesn’t always work out.

So agree he’s virtually irreplaceable, as some point we will have no option, and we will be worse off and may take some time to ever fill the hole he leaves.

He’s probably the most technically gifted and most skilful, complete player, that has played for us in my 30 years of following city

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Redouane said:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/286660-liverpool-close-in-on-riyad-mahrez

This is awkward, Liverpool is embedding news articles claiming Mahrez is to join ^^

They also posted an article claiming Lemar's their main target.  There's no way they're after both.  Looks like they mention any story with their name in it.