Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

But yes, agree - Gray chased back and kept at it all game. Mahrez pretty much gave up after Ndidi got sent off. Got very shit in the last 10 with some very lazy passes, getting the ball nicked off him etc. 

But still, hardly crime of the century considering how good he's been. We'd all given up by that point tbh. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the fox said:

@NotTheMarketLeader after mahrez's terrible game...

full?d=1497583755

Alright ? 

I have to say I take no pleasure in anything from today’s game.

Tactically really shit from the manager, at no time did he change anything to help us try to win the game.

No intensity from most of the players seemingly over confident in the team’s ability.

We were outplayed by a team who may survive, but who are very one dimensional; we did everything to make things easy for them.

Puel has got many plaudits from the midweek game, but today is very concerning.

We can’t be battered at home by relegation candidates.

30,000 people pay to see us play at home. Winning away and being poor at home is not going to work.

How do I copy this to the post

match thread?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I wish there was a way for a user to block individual threads...

I shouldn’t strike the bait of a rhetorical question.  But it is the season of goodwill  (and I’ve put on my rhinoceros hide armor), so  …

All Mahrez threads are the same thread, with a certain few of the same participants spouting the same opinions over and over.  Nothing that happens on the pitch can change those opinions because they are coming from tightly-held world views that can never be exposed to air.  Surely this is not news to many of us?

I dive into these threads because a large, healthy majority of the posters comment on Mahrez’ play, rather than fall into the trap of considering ourselves omniscient beings that know his every motivation.  We see a football player, not an avatar of a group we have already judged or must defend.  We’re talking footy.

So we range from slating crap, selfish performances to marveling at the finest black-tie football we will ever see from a Fox.  And to enjoy the give-and-take, learning, and having my own say, I wade through the stuff at both extremes.  Even if it occasionally drives me nuts.

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I wish there was a way for a user to block individual threads...

There is. it's called self-will. Just don't open the thread.

I've watched Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool this weekend and as great as Mahrez can be he wouldn't get a starting position in any of those teams. 

Hope he just gets his head down and helps us to europe.

53 minutes ago, FIF said:

I've watched Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool this weekend and as great as Mahrez can be he wouldn't get a starting position in any of those teams. 

Well that's lit the blue touch paper ...    :) ....     Anytime now ....     Wait for it ...   Wait for it ...   I can hear them now in the distance ...    Reminds me of the film Zulu ....     :o

• Haha 1

He wasn't that bad but wasn't great either.

People can moan about him all they like but the one thing I'm sure of is that when he leaves, probably in a few weeks, we are going to be completely shafted in terms of creativity. In the last few games how many goals including those he scored had he had some positive involvement in? Probably quite a few.

I've watched us for many years now and he's one of the most graceful naturally talented players I've ever had the pleasure of watching play for us. The truth is he's outgrown us now. If he played with better players he would get better. If he stays with us he won't he'll just continue to be surrounded by average to good journeymen pros and I don't mean that as a criticism of them most of whom are one step behind in their football brains.

His complete frustration with teammates incapable of even passing to players wearing the same colour shirts was obvious as the game went on.

• Like 1

Way sub par by his own standards, but still was able to create the only clear cut chances we had and looked like the best of a bad bunch.

The fact that we have yet to win a game when Mahrez has a stinker proves how much dependent to his form this team is.

Actually, he contributed to 80% of our goals this season ( scored, assisted and penultimate passes included ); Puel has to come up with a system involving the other players to a greater extent.

Edited by DelBoy73
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2017 at 17:22, FIF said:

On 12/17/2017 at 18:19, Countryfox said:

Well that's lit the blue touch paper ...    :) ....     Anytime now ....     Wait for it ...   Wait for it ...   I can hear them now in the distance ...    Reminds me of the film Zulu ....     :o

Only two early responses ...   very disappointing ! ....    I realise now that I got my film analogy completely wrong ....     i can see through my binos that they have been busy constructing a giant whicker model of Lord Mahrez and a small army of fanboys are wheeling it slowly in your direction .....    watch out @FIF !!!   :o

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Only two early responses ...   very disappointing ! ....    I realise now that I got my film analogy completely wrong ....     i can see through my binos that they have been busy constructing a giant whicker model of Lord Mahrez and a small army of fanboys are wheeling it slowly in your direction .....    watch out @FIF !!!   :o

school-Trojan-Horse.png.e97b68cc73b401e94a4150c99b712867.png

but seriously, if the performance is good, it's the transfer window, if it's not, he doesn't want to be here. if he's putting a shift in, it's because he wants to impress other team,but when he doesn't, he is a sulky, lazy player. you see the hypocrisy here!

like the above post said, it's because he isn't committed to the team for the long run. people feel like riyad "settled" for leicester, and it's doing a number on their egos. everytime riyad looks good, the same posters will nitpick to feel better about the whole sitaution. "it's theme and not you" type of thinking 

...(that's some armchair psychology right there lol )

Edited by the fox

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

school-Trojan-Horse.png.e97b68cc73b401e94a4150c99b712867.png

but seriously, if the performance is good, it's the transfer window, if it's not, he doesn't want to be here. if he's putting a shift in, it's because he wants to impress other team,but when he doesn't, he is a sulky, lazy player. you see the hypocrisy here!

like the above post said, it's because he isn't committed to the team for the long run. people feel like riyad "settled" for leicester, and it's doing a number on their egos. everytime riyad looks good, the same posters will nitpick to feel better about the whole sitaution. "it's theme and not you" type of thinking 

...(that's some armchair psychology right there lol )

Thats a trojan horse you numpty not a whicker man ! ...    you've obviously not seen the film Foxy, famous for Ekland gyrating about in the buff while Ted Woodwoodwood  trembles under his sheets next door ...    keep up lad !!   

v1.jpg

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

I hate to disappoint you Countryfox, but they used a body double for the 'rear' view. Mind you, as far as I'm concerned, it's two for the price of one - and it still never fails to 'fascinate' me!

Knew that, but I've always been more of a t*t man ...    and they were the real McCoy !! ...   :)

Best player to pull on the shirt. 

This guy cost under £500,000. Unbelievable. Coolness personified. Silky feet, unbelievable control and is our main match winner. Unless our scouts are plucking out another unknown quantity who'll light up this team, he'll be extremely difficult to replace.

Love the man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1