Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Did you not see the chance he created for Fuchs?

Brilliant run down the line.

Could easily have 2 assists. 

Actually, give you that. But it does seem he comes down to brief cameos all too often. Of course, on his day he is, unplayable, but he's not irreplaceable. 

Which isn't saying it wouldn't be difficult, just not the impossible task some people seem to be making out.

Edit: Then again, I was also wondering why Albrighton hadn't been taken off. I like Albrighton, but he was poor today - then that cross for the winner... so what do I know? lol

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

Actually, give you that. But it does seem he comes down to brief cameos all too often. Of course, on his day he is, unplayable, but he's not irreplaceable. 

Which isn't saying it wouldn't be difficult, just not the impossible task some people seem to be making out.

Not irreplaceable? Who can we realistically get into to replace him! 

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Some...

One.

Stop being a drama queen.

Hardly a drama queen, players of his quality go to Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea ect, we can't attract that quality

Remember yarmolenko? We wanted him for ages, damn good player and went Dortmund instead, bas dost? Sporting, we can't attract these players no matter how big we -think- we are yet

Edited by FoxInTheBirstallBox
  • Like 2

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Hardly a drama queen, players of his quality go to Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea ect, we can't attract that quality

And you're worried about this because?

I'll tell you why; because you're a drama queen.

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Worried because without him we don't have a decent play maker on the right side, unless you think gray is decent.... lol

Remember how good Mahrez was when he was Gray's age?

Not that I think he's the answer, more that I don't think anyone is irreplaceable, and I'd be saying that even if Messi was playing for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The goal setup was sublime, but aside from that today? :dunno:

Yeah he got an assist, should’ve got another if it wasn’t for crap finishing, took the game to the opposition and was our best player but what else? 

Its not good enough why’s he not scored 4 goals?????

get out of my club Riyad it’s not good enough .

Edited by daddylonglegs

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Remember yarmolenko? We wanted him for ages, damn good player and went Dortmund instead, bas dost? Sporting, we can't attract these players no matter how big we -think- we are yet

Yarmolenko is an awesome forward and I persoanlly think that he's wasted at BvB right now. I absolutely love the guy.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Remember how good Mahrez was when he was Gray's age?

Not that I think he's the answer, more that I don't think anyone is irreplaceable, and I'd be saying that even if Messi was playing for us.

Mate, unlike Gray Mahrez didn't come out of an academy. He's a street product who learnt to play professionally on the (relatively very) late. I don't know how much of you are able to understand what it means at this level.

• Thanks 1

On 19/12/2017 at 18:57, Gerbold said:

He gets stick because his commitment to the team is demonstrably far less than it is to himself.

I listen to RL's hour of discussions about City and the players every Monday. Bar Ian (I'm fascinating) Stringer's near-unbearable inane interjections the forum provides interesting insights on performances, players and possible outcomes in future matches. Comments about Mahrez were rife. I'll list them:

1. One or two people commenting that they could tell within five minutes whether he was going to have a good or mediocre game. Asked whether that had anything to do with him getting rattled by defenders early on - it was thought not.

2. That he's put in a series of exceptional appearances approaching the January transfer window.

3. That the blonde hairdo was either the result losing a bet with some team mate{s) or that it was a ploy to get noticed!

4. That if he can't put in the effort for City then other clubs are not going to be falling over each other in the rush to hire him.

Personally I believe he's particularly subject to internal doubts and insecurity. If anyone needed a sports psychologist to himself it would be Riyad. One stray negative thought could cause him to switch off. Of course any of us, sportsmen or not, can have a bad day - but we don't usually experience them in front of 30,000 people. He's the key guy and he knows it - some players revel in that knowledge and others find it daunting. After all he is, as the thread states, the great artist - and artists have never been renowned for their stability.  He "is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma", perhaps destined to be dubbed a 'never quite' player, failing to realise the potential inherent in him, because he cannot find the focus, consistency, determination and commitment within himself to become a true great.

Say that to slimani who cost 30 millions not to the guy who cost 0,5 million !? What is wrong with that can’t you see where is the commitment !!! Again RM is the only Leicester player who plays a street football and we love watching him and we would like Leicester to wins every game that can not happen unfortunately sometimes you win sometimes you loose it’s football ( last game they was all aweful I couldn’t stop yelling ) 

His show reel of highlights for the games since Shakespeare was sacked is becoming quite something.

And that's speaking about someone who was already The Great Artist when this thread began in June.

I think there will need to be two end of season DVDs.

"Leicester City - The March To Europe"

and

"Riyad Mahrez - The Entertainer"

I will be very very surprised if he is still a Leicester City player after January.

Enjoy these flashes of genius whilst you can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

His show reel of highlights for the games since Shakespeare was sacked is becoming quite something.

And that's speaking about someone who was already The Great Artist when this thread began in June.

I think there will need to be two end of season DVDs.

"Leicester City - The March To Europe"

and

"Riyad Mahrez - The Entertainer"

I will be very very surprised if he is still a Leicester City player after January.

Enjoy these flashes of genius whilst you can.

Well I just had a quick look at the bookies and he's odds on to stay in January. We can hope

It was lovely to see that unselfish linkup for Vardys goal. 1 v 1 at the start of the season he goes it alone... this is a much improved part of his game.

For me this is why he's become much more deadly as he works his magic, unlocks defenders but plays quick ball after instead of beating a second or third which usually ends up with him having tackled.

Hope he stays past Jan, but realistically end of the season we all know what will happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Mate, unlike Gray Mahrez didn't come out of an academy. He's a street product who learnt to play professionally on the (relatively very) late. I don't know how much of you are able to understand what it means at this level.

So by that measure, Gray has the potential to be even better. 

I'm not saying Mahrez is brilliant at times and neither am I saying that Gray will be better, but I do remember that Mahrez was very rough around the edges when he started playing for us. There were plenty of threads and posts four or five years back who were saying Knockaert was better than Mahrez. Hindsight is great, because predicting the future is impossible.

Trust me, there are other players out there who, given the same chance, can be the next Mahrez or even better.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'm not saying Mahrez is brilliant at times and neither am I saying that Gray will be better, but I do remember that Mahrez was very rough around the edges when he started playing for us. There were plenty of threads and posts four or five years back who were saying Knockaert was better than Mahrez. Hindsight is great, because predicting the future is impossible.

Trust me, there are other players out there who, given the same chance, can be the next Mahrez or even better.

mahrez was new to the league while gray had had time to adapt.

and again, vardy and mahrez are exception not the rule. mahrez is the better playmaker and his flashes of brilliance are something else. ( i don't think gray can be as good as a playmaker)

the assist last night, the man city assist last season and even the goal vs southampton are what sets him apart, the little push he gave the ball before shooting is what made the goal

21m808.gif

it kept the keeper on his toes, he didn't think he can get the shot off that fast.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 3

I love Leicester City club because they give us hope ! I love RM Vardy Okazaki chelwell ....I really enjoy watching the games ! But hopefully he will stay as long as possible as I wish the same for vardy okazaki ....they been awesome and Leicester will go to the eurepean league next   Season  to see Leicester Bayern or Real keep up we can do it . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I believe in Gray and his potential and am firmly convinced that if he keeps on, he'll end up as a regular in Englands starting XI. I think we should appreciate having them both in the team.