Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

He is hot property, he will be gone.  Too good to play for a team outside the top 6.

Unless ofcourse Puel and the club can convince him otherwise with spending power and ambition

Where's he going?

Mahrez has the ability to produce the sublime one minute and be ridiculously poor the next. That’s why we still have him. 

His desire to take on half a team drives me insane when a simple, unspectacular pass to a teammate would suffice, so god knows how an experienced football manager must feel when watching him. 

But his inane knack of producing something divine keeps him first on the team sheet. 

If he was available for 10 million, every club in Europe would take a punt on him but not for £50m.

One sure thing .. this forum will miss the days like this one once he's gone, as the bitter "connaisseurs" in here will have only their eyes to cry his departure whereas he will certainly be shining and make the days of one of the top 6 or of any other European giant!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nirvana31 said:

One sure thing .. this forum will miss the days like this one once he's gone, as the bitter "connaisseurs" in here will have only their eyes to cry his departure whereas he will certainly be shining and make the days of one of the top 6 or of any other European giant!

Remember though he is not British, he may wish to further his career elsewhere and is not a typical Brit where 2 weeks on the Lincolnshire coast makes them feel like Phileas Fogg!

11 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Mahrez has the ability to produce the sublime one minute and be ridiculously poor the next. That’s why we still have him. 

His desire to take on half a team drives me insane when a simple, unspectacular pass to a teammate would suffice, so god knows how an experienced football manager must feel when watching him. 

But his inane knack of producing something divine keeps him first on the team sheet. 

If he was available for 10 million, every club in Europe would take a punt on him but not for £50m.

Yes, "producing something divine" is truly "inane".

How many hundreds of blind, foolish or inane Mahrez posts have I read on here but this takes the cake.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Remember though he is not British, he may wish to further his career elsewhere and is not a typical Brit where 2 weeks on the Lincolnshire coast makes them feel like Phileas Fogg!

I haven’t got a clue what you are talking about ... 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Actually great since he's playing every game, Puel is building the team around him and wants to keep him at all cost.

Mahrez is leading the assist table (10) and already scored 7 goals. At this rythm he's going to reach the double digits pretty fast and might even improve his 2015/16 record. He's directly involved in more than 80% of our goals and you certainly know how it would looks like without him.

I for one willfully turn a blind eye when he tries what every flair player tries in a game. If he keeps going on, he's gone in the summer. 50M will suddenly not look that much to pay to get him. We'll see who we're going to sign to replace him and what the "muh work rate" supporters will say.

So are agreeing or not agreeing? 

I thought the bit where I said first name on the team sheet gives my view on him . 

21 minutes ago, l444ry said:

One of the best players to ever put a Leicester City shirt on. I would seriously question anyone's brain matter that can't see this. 

Short memory or you clearly never beheld the sublime magic of Josh Low.

Just now, Colourmy said:

So are agreeing or not agreeing? 

I thought the bit where I said first name on the team sheet gives my view on him . 

A bit of both :P 

Of course he can be sometimes frustrating and sometimes drives one crazy, but that's exactly what sets him apart from the others. He dares what others don't and is bound to lose the ball more than the "safe" player. That's something you have to accept when it comes to Mahrez or any other flair player for that matter. 

23 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Yes, "producing something divine" is truly "inane".

How many hundreds of blind, foolish or inane Mahrez posts have I read on here but this takes the cake.

Wrong choice of word but surely not enough to have taken the biscuit?

Perhaps not the 'best' Leicester player I've ever seen (in 50 years) but unquestionably the most naturally gifted. Would surely get in every City fan's all-time greatest XI. If and when he leaves, it will be a sad day.

• Like 1